Oil injector

Brooks

Mar 7, 2011
Houston Texas
When I take the crank case cover off, and remove the little gearing from the pump, what's next? What should I plug the lines attatched to the pump and carb with? Will the pump still pump something into the un known? And the gaskets that come with vitos 240 bore kit not going to function properly?

Anything helps. Thankyou.

Brooks.

what i did was take the lines off going to the pump, and carb, and i plugged the carb with a little rubber cap, then put a little bit of caulking in the holes in the crankcase cover. then threw the oil tank and lines in my round filing cabinet. (the trash can)

So the line ports on the pump you put caulking in? What about the little gear on the inside? What did you do there? Is this a difficult task or can I do it?

hi

i have just done this too my blaster, i plugged the pipes with sillicone then inserted screws into the tubes while sillicone was wet just to be extra safe. dont for get to plug the hole where the oil would have gone into the carb with a little sillicone also allow the sillicone 24 hours before running the engine. also u can remove the little white gear in the crank case just to be extra safe but i didnt and mines running fine. probably easier not to bother! as for still pumping there will be no oil to pump and the pump should be disabled after black gear was removed from pump. hope this helped

Well what exactly does the whit gear do? And which black gear? And when you plugged the carb did you leave a little line on there or not? It does help:)! How much exces line did you leave coming out of the pump.

the white gear wil just spin freely on its own will not cause any damage, leave about 5cm on the pipes coming off the oil pump, the rest u can bin. the hole u plug on the carb is on the right side of the carb if i can remeber right. its where the oil would have got pumped into the carb from the oil pump. i thing its the only inlet on the right side of the carb.also use silicone on where the oil pump tubes came outof the casing, fill the rubber gromet then reinsert on the casing before reassemble. as for the black cog take the casing off remove the pump split the casing remove cog and reassemble without cog i think theres a tutorial on here will look now its what i followed and was verey help full.

I would deffinately get a cap for the inlet on the carb and not put silicone in the hole the caps are cheap and there is no chance of them getting sucked into the motor and creating an air leak but silicone in the hole could come loose and get sucked in or something and create a bad situation

So the white gear in there free spinning will not harm anything? And what about the carb hole?! Elaborate on the carb. Do I make a "plug" with connecting oil line? Thank youu so much for your help.

take oil line off either plug with cap or sillicone. i dint leave the oil line on just silliconed the hole on the carb and everything is fine. u could plug the carb with sillicone then attach oil tube and pump with sillicone and cut to desired length

i never took my white gear off. people say it might shear and have plastic go all over your crankcase, but i have been riding for over a year with no problems.

eh, i took mine out just cause i didn't want it in there spinning doing nothing.