oil injection HELP!

Blaster95-97

Oct 16, 2012
my oil injection line split right at the carb. and i can't take the oil ijection pump cover off because i have a stripped screw. i need HELP!

i was thinking of cleaning the hose and put a new segment. glue it and zip tie. then it might work. any ideas?

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
  • oil injection.jpg
    oil injection.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125
If there is not enough length to cut a bit off and refit, I fear you have to replace that hose.

I know of no safe way to repair it.

You could try drilling the head of the screw off and removing the cover over it.

Try getting some penetrating oil to seep in around the screw while you work at getting it out. Other than drilling the head off, thereare other ways to try first. If you can get at it, Take the smallest cold chisel you have and towards the edge of the screw "cut" a notch in the head. Then go at the notch at an angle to tap on the screw in the proper direction for removal. Another method is if you have a good screw driver smack it with a hammer several times while turning the driver. Or cut, file, or chisel a notch in head and use straight S. driver, again hitting it while turning it.

While you have it apart consider replacing the hose from the tank also. BUT you must PRIME the pump if you remove the tank hose. Even the hose from pump to carb needs to be filled with oil before starting it.
With end still off carb and ignition off, keep kicking it over until oil starts to come out of hose. Then put it on carb. It may be easier if you remove spark plug for this. Make sure it is CLEAN around it before removing it. And leave gas off while doing this.

http://www.blasterforum.com/searchr...27094460&cof=FORID:9&q=oil+pump+priming&sa=Go