no start

jerseyblaster

May 23, 2013
new jeresy
I have a guy with a blaster and he Did a stupid thing ,he ha the bike running amazing and for some odd reason he turned his petcock off just randomly and let the bike die down on its own assuming dried the carb of all gas.now the bike won't start only on starting fluid I did warn him starting fluid is bad but does anyone have I deas

Turn the petcock back on.

If the motor does not start, crack the drain screw on the bottom of the float bowl and see if a constant dribble comes from the drain hose.

If no fuel there may be an obstruction at the petcock.

Pull the fuel delivery hose off the carby and see if it does deliver fuel.

Clean the carby.

Hide the can of starting fluid or there may be an extra expense in a few starts.

running a bike out of fuel causes a lean condition lean is bad I would leak test to confirm no damage was done also a compression check would be wise to see if any damage was done

running a bike out of fuel causes a lean condition lean is bad I would leak test to confirm no damage was done also a compression check would be wise to see if any damage was done

The above is true, but if only the once and at idle, I would be surprised if any damage would have occurred.