Nitro RC truck help

02blueblaster

Sep 6, 2008
is it a bad idea to run a HPI carb on a Traxxas enigne?...also what engines will fit my nitro rustler?

As long as it's a slide carb there shouldn't be a problem, just ensure it's tuned correctly. You could put about any engine in any r/c vehicle, you just need the engine mounts for the engine and make some new holes in the frame to accomodate the the engine mounts. In newer Rustlers with the TRX 2.5 you can put a TRX 2.5R directly in, that is usually a good upgrade. That is what I did with mine when my original engine wore out. The TRX 3.3 is also possible but, it's PLENTY of engine for a truck that size. My cousin had tried that for a week and he broke a couple spur gears, and an axle or 2, it did do wheelies with no problems.Hope that helps.

im trying to just buy a new engine i can rely on...and something thatll fit my rustler any one know of any for a good price?

do the engine exchange progame and get a 3.3 then bye a sick tuned pipe with thhe 2speed tranny it will be soo fast espisaly with out 4wd i have a t-maxx 3.3 and i cant keep the rearend from blowin

If you have a factory Traxxas engine in it then I would just exchange it for a TRX 2.5R for $90, or a TRX 3.3 for $115 (you can't rebuild it for that). It's about the easiest solution to your dilema. Doing the Traxxas plan you know the engine will directly drop in and it is a good piece. The 2.5R, I think is plenty of power for a Rustler. I have a 2.5R in mine and it goes plenty fast for what I do with it. JMO.

This is their exchange plan - http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/erp/trx_erp_pop.htm#mostpopularoptions

it is fine to run that carb. I threw the 3.3 on my traxxs nitro ! U can bye the convertion kit off of ebay BUT lol it is too much power . I can't keep the front wheels on the ground & spin the rear wheels off the rims EVEN glued