new project

nonpoint86

Sep 23, 2008
Irvington, IL
well I just got this bottomend gave to me for free kinda dirty the only thing I am needing it for is the left crankcase and mabee the crank out of it and I think this will be about it I know where another complete blaster is at for a 100 dollar bill the dude said it has been sitting for like 10 years cause he bent the crank or broke it or sumthin so I figure i can hopefully use this one to make it run half ass but anyways I have never taken one of these apart so I will be posting pics if I need help hopefully it aint that hard without the tools but i'll be finding out tomorrow cause I need to get this split and apart asap

Its really not that hard. I just split mine yesterday. When you take all the gears off on the clutch side before you split the case, leave the farthest gear to the left on. It will hold all the tranny pieces together and still allow you to open up the cases. So you wont end up with all the tranny gears falling out all over the place.

yea the dude that gave it to me already has two blasters and you think he would wanna keep it for spare parts but he hooked me up with it but anyways I had my left side of my cranckcase weilded up because of my chain throwing but when the dude weilded on my case he got it to hot and melted the yamalube that seals the cases in one small spot and now my motor has a small leak so i figured since i got this bottem end given to me ill just use the good left side on this one with no weilded up spots to replace the one thats on mine now, and have my mechanic swap all the stuff and put mine back togather...so yea i thought it was a pretty good deal for nothing haha