new jersey racing

I may be able to help a bit here. Lets start with Raceway Park. We used to be able to practice there all the time, but then we, meaning quads, got kicked off of their in-house insurance. Dont ask why, it doesnt matter. All that does matter is now we only get to ride when District 6 Ultimate Series comes through cause we are covered under AMA insurance for those events. That is only twice a year, plus we may get a tri-state race, which is an event for top finishers in a few of the D-6 races. Racing on that track is sweet. The staircase jump is ridiculous. Sooooo much fun.

Atco Mx races almost every weekend during the spring and summer. Practices are Friday night, from 5-10 pm, and the races are on Saturdays and usually dont finish till 10:00 pm. Its cool to race under the lights, but you do get some spooky shadows from time to time. They follow all AMA rules and regulations.

There is Wildwood. These are two races on the Beach. Spring thunder in the Sand, and Fall thunder in the sand. Practice on Friday during the day, Drag races on Friday nite, they call it test and tune,Practice sessions plus Race Moto 1 on Saturday, Moto 2 on Sunday. Last year and this year they are doing a 4 race series in conjunction with Atco Mx. It is a cool series to do. I love this series cause you never have to race under the lights at Atco cause the Atco races start early in the morning. The regular Atco races start in the afternoon.

New Egypt. Last year was their first year putting on quad events. You race around half of the flat track, turn into the infield, do a bunch of twisties, a few small jumps, then its back onto the circle track for a few small jumps out there. Real fun, and real safe. I am hoping they do more events this year, but nothing is set in stone yet.

For years we were doing XC harescramble races in South Jersey with the Atlantic Grand Prix Series. The events were at locations in places like Eagleswood, Barnaget, Little Egg Harbor, then the promotor set off to set up an off road park and everything went on Hold. We may see a Harescramble series from him this year. I sure do hope so.

All these events require tether type kill switches, Nerf Bars, Boots, Gloves, long sleeves, Helmets and Goggles. The XC races will require a silencer cause they do sound testing prior to racing. Hope this helps. I have been racing ATVs in New Jersey for about 6-7 years now, so dont be scared to ask any questions.

New Jersey Thunder Motorsports - Hot Rod Events, Monster Trucks, Motocross

Quad racing at Raceway Park?s MX tracks offers exciting things to do in New Jersey

New Egypt Speedway - Quad Racing

http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/