new blaster...and a second chance.

oldschoolyfs

Dec 7, 2015
Hello.
My blaster kept anoying me with some engine problems. I bought it cheap, but the repair bills just kept coming in. Broken reed valve, carburetor in bad conditions, worn clutch, worn transmission and now a broken crankcase due to chain faillure.
Ive had it.
Solution: Bought another blaster. This one is in mint condition. Still with the original tires. I am going to install my fmf exhaust on this one.
Do i need to rejet? Should i leave the airbox cover on or remove it? Is the automatic lube system good enough for fast riding?

Many thanks.

When you install the fmf exhaust your definitely going to have to rejet. Fmf alone calls for a 260 main jet. Other mods, temperatures and elevations could call for more as well. You'll need to do a plug chop to confirm your jetting.

The airbox lid is totally up to you, if you remove it, that's changing airflow into the motor....so you'll have to rejet accordingly.

The oil injection system will be fine for fast riding. Just make sure its bled out, and your using an injectable oil designed for air cooled 2 stroke engines.

Good luck!

1. When you install the FMF, jetting will be needed. Your jetting will depend on elevation, location and other mods the bike has.

2. Removing the air box lid is optional. Ive run with the lid off on all my bikes. Just keep an eye on it as it might get dirtier quicker then before.

3. As stated above, a leak down test & compression test will be needed. You said the bike is original, so nows a good chance to see where the motor stands before you have possible issues. Good luck and keep us posted!