nerf bars/heelguards

Blaster fool8

Jan 30, 2012
St.louis
What's the point of need bars when you don't have heel guards? Do they keep you from geting your foot from going to the axle or wheel? I just brought fox comp 5 boots. Do they keep your feet from going back because they go up to shins? I also would like to know the strengths and weaknesses for need bars and why there required for pro racing.

I broke my tibia and fibula in half. In the rear axle of my four wheeler.

What's the point of need bars when you don't have heel guards? Do they keep you from geting your foot from going to the axle or wheel? I just brought fox comp 5 boots. Do they keep your feet from going back because they go up to shins? I also would like to know the strengths and weaknesses for need bars and why there required for pro racing.

Nerf or intrusion bars are required so that a competitor cannot lock wheels.

A very good reason for heel guards, no matter how good your boots are, if your rear wheel wants to eat your leg, it will.

that is bc the nerfs with heal guards cost a ton. but you can mod many differnt kinds of yamaha heal guards to fit. I think mine are raptor 350 or somthin like that. yfz ones work too with some modification