Need some opinions....

crazy4wdracer

Nov 7, 2008
Cabot, PA
I'm looking for a Blaster needing work so I can build an MX quad. I found 2 of them and I have been emailing people from CL.

One is a Blaster 88-02 (unknown year) its torn apart but cases not split. It has bald tires, he said the rims are bad, and it needs a new top end. He wants $300, do you guys think that is a fair price? (I figure about a $300 with used tires/rims and a new piston kit)

Two is a '98 Blaster needs a new crank. Everything else looks like its in really nice shape, nice tires, all stock but a little surface rust on stuff but no big deal. I offered him $250 but he had a death in the family and someone else is ahead of me and they are going to look at it on Wed. night. (I figure about a $300 job)

I obviously know that #2 is my best bet but I have a feeling that the other guy is gonna take it. Do you think #1 is a good deal? The guy has no pics of it so I won't get to see it till he delivers it.

honestly if the crank is good on #1 i would jump on that 1, its much easier to rebuild the top than the bottom and its cheaper. yeah 300 is a good deal, I gave 700 for mine 2 years ago and it was running but in rough shape.

I think that either one is a good deal. If your going to be one to run mx then your going to be replacing about everything on it anyways, imo

on the 1st one what happened to the piston did some of it shatter into the bottom end? when mine blew up it sent some part of the rings and alot of shavings into the bottom.. so always pull the bottom end apart just to make sure replace everything that is worn.. i got mine for 600 bucks came running like a top had some a/m on it nice deal but it was white and green.

I just found a 1989 blaster they said it fires up on the first kick, has a fresh top end and is in good overall shape but it isn't going into gear. They also said it has new clutch plates and a new Hinson basket. Another good thing is that they will take my RM80 and they will add $300. They had the Blaster alone listed for $400.

I just found a 1989 blaster they said it fires up on the first kick, has a fresh top end and is in good overall shape but it isn't going into gear. They also said it has new clutch plates and a new Hinson basket. Another good thing is that they will take my RM80 and they will add $300. They had the Blaster alone listed for $400.
Thats a really good deal!