need carb.. any ideas??

JAY012

Feb 27, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Whats up guys..
Ok, so I have a 2005 blaster with many mods. I went riding last week and got into some mud (not by choice) and completely shot my throttle pin. Somehow mud and water got into the bushing at top of carb and made my quad's throttle stick wide open. Anyway i am not sure what size carb i shouod be using for all of the mods i have done to motor. Never have had a straight answer on what to use so i have kept the stock one on for now. Its time to replace so i wanna do it right and would love to have tips on what i should use.. here is a list of mods that are done. Thanks for reading! Ride hard or go home!!!!

-BB 240 vitos kit
-wiseco 72mm piston kit
-.310 carb jet kit (im pretty sure this is too much)
-CFM performance custom airbox (allows 50% more airflow) with K&N filter)
-tusk HD Race ready clutch kit
-FMF powercore 3 exhaust
-renthal +1 front sproket (more top end)
-NGK spark plug
-no counter balance in trans
-vitos top end spacer & gasket kit
-oil block off

There are many more i cant think of on top of head..

Basically i need to know with this set up, what MM carb i should be using (32,34,36 or stock) and what size jet kit to use as well and i need to replace my entire throttle cable/lever. Not even sure brand to go with... I have always liked keihen but if there is better im always willing to try. I feel like my quad lags very bad for what is done to it. With the airbox kit i assume i need a bigger carb to match the air fuel ratio but im a lil dumb founded on this topic..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-13-12-17-08-1.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-12-17-08-1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Keihin PWK 33/34/35 will all work.
48-52 pilots
DGH or CEL needles
# 6 slide
150-160 main jets
(i use carb parts warehouse for these parts)

you'll also need...
* 33-36mm intake, i think UPP still makes and sales them on ebay
* 2.5" to 2.25" silicon reducer for the cfm box to carb connection (siliconintakes.com)
* motion pro "tors delete" throttle cable

Reactions: JAY012
btw...get the clamps from siliconintakes.com to go with the reducer. damn good clamps for a couple bucks