my LTR 450 before and now....

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
LTR450.jpg

the old stock exhaust was all rusty so I wanted something nicer and learned on the LTR forum looking at dyno's and hear say, how the 08+ had better power. the comparison chart was to see if there was a difference so while they were dyno tuning an LTR with big bore and porting and cam iirc, they swaped it to the 08 (the guy wanted stock look/sound) then followed it up with a Yosh setup off another bike. was pretty cool to see it's not just talk.

LTR4502.jpg

LTR4503.jpg

so I finally got around to doing my graphics kit black/white with some nice aggressive aloha print/tribal look (stock was blue/red/white and black). I still haven't been back to work since crashing it. but I fixed most of the bike. I have a lonestar chromoly steering stem to replace the stocker that was bent, I have flexx bars so I had to get a large houser antivibe clamp (houser has a kill switch holder is why I went with it and a lonestar dash light holder all where the damage on the steering stem. as when I pulled the stock stem the stock dash had to go an my lights were hanging/dangling all over the place so I figured more custom is always a good thing so I put on most of my graphics and I'm heating my vinyl to redo the seat (that's why I have no seat on in the pix) so once I redo it I'll post more pix. should be later today I hope). other than that, my nice grab bar that I got a month or so ago is bent and the black is chipping/flaking off but I have a few other things on my list before I worry about the grab bar it's still solid functionally. anywho, here's the pix with the kid and new stem/clamp and dash...

LTRgraphics4.jpg

LTRgraphics3.jpg

LTRgraphics2.jpg

LTRgraphics.jpg

my black pro armor nerfs should be here in a week or so they're the power grip ones that I can add pegs and heel gards to, but for now they'll work with the stock heel gards. and I'm getting a few other pro armor pieces to top it off, kill switch, maybe shifter, brake pedal and a few things here and there. but that's further down the road. next month the nerfs and kill switch will be on and it'll be ready for the track, oh, here's a close up of the dash board, incase Billy or anyone with an LTR wants to see, I had to search the net high and low to find ONE other bike with it, it was white also and alot nicer than my bike. but it's come a decent way so far from when I got it. gonna pick up my rear baja wheels this weekend to match the front. but I want black so I'm also looking into getting a set of rear black beadlocks ITP or DWT forget what they are. and some fronts if I can find them if not anything black will work but I'd prefer beadlocks then baja, then just plain... just to go with my black/white theme more.

lonestardashboard.jpg

lonestardashboard2.jpg

will get a couple pix when I finish the seat this afternoon and then more whenever I get the nerfs and kill switch on. I'll probably start another thread LMFAO... also did a few things to the raptor, but I mostly ride the LTR so I tend to do most of my work/money to the LTR...

did the seat cover too, I DID mess up a couple places but this is the only black vinyl the vinyl shop had, it's not heat stretch or anything good. I used the same stuff to do the mini chopper seat with, at least there's no holes and it looks 10x better than before imo lol

LTRgraphicsseatcover2.jpg

LTRgraphicsseatcover.jpg

ltr6-23-102.jpg

ltr6-23-10.jpg

cleaned the rear shock as well as most of the parts on her last week.. I actually pulled my steering stabilizer off since doing the aftermarket stem but I'll put it back on once I either mod the stock clamps or get larger ones..

I also have a raptor and am wanting a YSR which to me sound like a 2 stroke haven't really checked yet but I'm pretty sure they're a 2 smoker :D so I like yamaha as well. one day I'll get me an R1 ;) thinking I wanna get rid of my 660 for a 700...

thanks, yeah, I can't wait til my black nerfs come in :D as well as my kill and a few other subtle touches I think will make it a much better whole theme. I wanna do the rims/tires but haven't been working in a month so we'll see when I get all that done. I'm loving the Motosport tork wheels in black/machine they match the ITPs I put on the raptor and my black/machine 20" ultra's on my titan (finally put them back on and wow what a street offset/width compared to the stuff I've been running since peeling the 20"s off lol) so I want to get those. but they're not as cheap as the ones for yamaha's on ebay which is like $80 a rear set and about the same a front set. I almost wanna get rid of the rims on the raptor to get them LOL here's a pic of the torks in black/machine on a TT/asphalt 700r..

raptor7002whiteL.jpg

those are stupid cheap on ebay right now. they only have chrome in the zuki bolt pattern for cheap :mad: I may get some ITP C series rims tho. I have one rear polished one already with 4 center caps so if I get a rear pair I have a spare... but I'm not sure if I can find a matching front set so with that in mind the best set right now is the chrome tork price wise and half decent looks :( I REALLY like the black tho and I just don't have a need for the chrome ones. if I get a set of duro scorchers tho maybe to run around the streets then it'd make sense to get the chrome ones. but even then I'd STILL want the black ones LOL... I dunno, I may even get the damm hipers but I hate that everyone and their momma has hipers, they're like civic's.. also considering ITP or DWT black beadlocks but I'm not sure... maybe even baja's in black.. just way up in the air with rims I guess lol. tires I'd like razr2 fronts and I have a set of razr rears ready to mount up once the holeshots are gone. but I'd like to get my finalized or at least a rim I like better before I do that. my truck's been thru like 4 sets of aftermarket rims and I still don't like what I have on it LOL. even the wife's expy, I just have a really hard time deciding what I want when it comes to rims huh what to do what to do... well, 1st I need money so I have time to decide LMFAO I could do hipers with white rings maybe but then I'd always be cleaning them LOL. I REALLY would prefer those motosport tork's for now they're my favorite.. I used to like the SS112s til I got um, so I need to just get things outta my system lol

here's our rappy. I'm gonna do black fullbore front and back eventually... may do black on black or silver on black, still not sure, if I get the fullbore set I'll change/redo the entire bikes color scheme.. grab bar is one of the things I'm getting probably a PRM one. or wide DG.. don't remember if I looked, did I mount the fronts backwards? I know my LTR I did, hope that's not why I slid out and crashed...

DSC04693.jpg

this is the tork in chrome, I may just have to suck it up and get them :( they're nice and would make a sick set of street rims but I really want them in black/machine :(

raptor7002blueL.jpg

here's my titan so I really wanna get black/machine rims to match the raptor and my truck, I'm gonna get a full set of black fullbore plastics for the raptor eventually. and a few other things, maybe do some led truck fogs with like black casing... but I'm just rambling and going way OT again lol... anyway, I MAY get some of these chrome torks for now :(