My jetting fun

I run at Lower elevations my map says like 800-1300 feet above sea level for my area. However I have a full fmf with the air box lid off. I leak tested set my float height (btw did u make sure ur float hight was set proper before plug chopping its important) I chopped at 300 first it was a good color It was a little bit of a darker cardboard brown I think a 290 would be spot on but like Awk said I'm not getting paid to ride I'm just having fun. A plugs a couple bucks a rebuild is a couple hundred.

Re: Re: My jetting fun

I run at Lower elevations my map says like 800-1300 feet above sea level for my area. However I have a full fmf with the air box lid off. I leak tested set my float height (btw did u make sure ur float hight was set proper before plug chopping its important) I chopped at 300 first it was a good color It was a little bit of a darker cardboard brown I think a 290 would be spot on but like Awk said I'm not getting paid to ride I'm just having fun. A plugs a couple bucks a rebuild is a couple hundred.

I did set the float correctly before plug chop. I'm going to do a leak test then get proper jets. Hoping I don't have a leak.

Update. I got my leak test done. I have a gross leak between intake boot and reed cage. I'm assuming that the intake boot is warped and no good. That would explain my lean condition. I had the front of the machine lifted up. When I used the squirt bottle, that is where I found the problem. Its not coming from between the reed cage or cylinder head. Is there a way to check if the intake boot is warped. Any advice would be appreciated.

Well u could see if the bottom end is level all the way around so it sets flush idk how to go about it eye ball it probably. But mine had a lack between the boot an the cage i put high temp copper rtv between the cage and cylinder first. Then when I leak tested I found a leak between the boot and cage so I put rtv between the boot and cage and haven't had a problem since! Try that!

Well u could see if the bottom end is level all the way around so it sets flush idk how to go about it eye ball it probably. But mine had a lack between the boot an the cage i put high temp copper rtv between the cage and cylinder first. Then when I leak tested I found a leak between the boot and cage so I put rtv between the boot and cage and haven't had a problem since! Try that!

I suppose there is permatex that is fuel and oil safe. I was reading elsewhere about it swelling up and going into the engine. I will have to see what I can find. Thanks.

I found some Threebond 1184 sealer. I put that on all the intake surfaces and that did the job. I let the psi set just under 7 pounds for 5 minutes. I didn't lose any pressure. The machine is all put back together. On Sunday I'm going to take it out and do a run and plug chop. I started at 260 with genuine Mikuni jets. Hope this sends me in the right direction. Props to Awk08 for the leak tester. It worked great. Will follow up when it is all dialed in.

I'm starting with a 260 main. Floats are set properly. Carb had been totally cleaned. I was able to get genuine Mikuni jets. My elevation is around 3300 feet. I'm going to plug chop tomorrow. If anyone has pointers please feel free to press info along. Thanks