My fleet.

Exodus

Sep 10, 2012
Well I traded another toy for this 02 blaster. Not sure of the exact specs on the blaster, but it has been bored with a wiseco piston in it, D1 exhaust (IIRC), and no lid on the airbox with a aftermarket filter. She runs great, but a little small for me.

I made the mistake of letting my wife ride the blasty, and she was instantly hooked. Mind you, she drives a 5 speed car, so she caught on very quickly, and now has claimed the blaster as her own... Leaving me to find my own ride.

Fast forward, my neighbor had a 04 KFX 400 sitting around that he never uses. We talked for the past few days, discussing price, and me telling him about the money that I don't have. (Run a small repair shop with a friend, we make enough to pay the bills but not enough to play, we're only a year into it).

So today, I sold another toy and approached my neighbor with $100. I told him I want the bike, but I don't want any pressure, so here is my good faith down payment. I wanted him to hold on to the bike, let me use it occasionally, and I'll keep giving him cash here and there when I can until it is paid off.

Well, he gave me the key and told me to take it now! Sweet! So I introduce to you my wifes blaster, and my Kfx 400 which I will be making payments on as I can until it is paid for. It pays off to stick to your word and be friendly with neighbors. He gets rid of a bike he has no need for, and makes money, while my Wife and I have found something to do in the winter that doesn't break the bank! Sweet!

KFX needs a new timing chain, it makes some noise and has me worried about jumping time, and the blaster is waiting on new axle bearings... Should be rockin' in a week or so!

P9172797.jpg

P9172798.jpg

hey great deal!

i like your neighbors though, respectable, and trustworthy, and he trusts you enough.

they look like fun though, and dont let the wife ride the kfx, otherwise you might be out of another ride :p

Oh, and just in case any of you guys remember me from when this site was new, I used to be registered here as ZxAlucard6r, but it seems my old account was removed. Understandable, it has been a while.

Alas, the Blaster always pulls me back. Honestly these little bikes hold a special place for me.

looks like lots of good times ahead for you and the wifey !

Ordered a DID chain for the KFX last night, I am crossing my fingers that the valves aren't cupped... It does take some time getting it to start when cold, but I am hoping it is due to the stretched chain. Worst case scenario, I found Kibblewhite's for $100 a set, so not all is lost.

Bearings will be in for the blaster today, so the girly will be very happy to rub it in my face how she can ride while I watch! I really don't want to risk jumping time on this thing!

Ordered a DID chain for the KFX last night, I am crossing my fingers that the valves aren't cupped... It does take some time getting it to start when cold, but I am hoping it is due to the stretched chain. Worst case scenario, I found Kibblewhite's for $100 a set, so not all is lost.

Bearings will be in for the blaster today, so the girly will be very happy to rub it in my face how she can ride while I watch! I really don't want to risk jumping time on this thing!
you do mean the timing chain right ? lol dont answer that i read the full post lmao nice deal bud