my completely custom CBR600rr blaster

CBRquad

Apr 15, 2010
:eek: Im a senior in high school and for my senior project i built a completely custom cbr600rr quad using a little bit of a blaster
I built it all by myself and it rips!!! I know you all have been waitin to see the finished product. so check out the video link and pics.

My CBR600rr custom quad test ride Video by Brett - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/Services/Media/Embed.aspx/m=104785074@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@myspace@@AMEPARAM@@Services/Media/Embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@104785074

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive. What kind of exhaust do you have on there? It sure sounds quite "open". I'd run something at least to give you a bit of backpressure. If you haven't done any FI remapping that motor might not last very long. Get some shorty mufflers on there at least and it'll sound better and run better. If you don't have space for cans there are pipe inserts that will give similar results.

yeah its straight piped.. i just had to get it done because it had to be turned in today. i plan on putting drag pipes or something like that on it.. lol

yeah its straight piped.. i just had to get it done because it had to be turned in today. i plan on putting drag pipes or something like that on it.. lol

I'd only have something that free flowing if you plan on remapping the fuel. At least throw inserts in the pipe. I love quads but my heart is with streetbikes. You obviously put a lot of work into it so set it up right and that motor will love you back for long time. Your ears and fellow riders will appreciate it too.

Here's something similar. You may need a different size but you get the idea.
SILENCER INSERTS

Dude, this is amazing. Congrats on the sweet quad/bike/monster. You'd better get a good grade for this. What all exactly were you able to use from a blaster? It looks pretty tough to control. Haha. You might want some bear claws or something. Though, you could break loose with those too. You also ought to race a raptor 660 and post a vid of it, when it isn't wet out.

Once again congrats. That's pretty cool. Especially for a high school student.

me rikey. thats badass. i found a guy who was going to put a gsxr600 motor in a blaster. i dont know if he ever did

That thing is very interesting man. :D .great job, looks like you kno how to rod that biotch too!! reps given for some great custom work bro I:I

yeah everything turned out good on it.. but i gotta make some more chain rollers.. they chain is WAY long and when i torque on it then let off it slopes way to much and i have thrown the chain twice already and have only had it runnin since monday. But it hauls balls. Ive only got it up to 93 mph and was only just entering 4th.. out of 6 gears!! so should be fun!!! SAND DRAGS HERE I COME!!

will do.. i have one... i just never wear it unless i plan on doin somethin stupid like goin fast lol i was just screwin around in the video

Reactions: stephen12091985
will do.. i have one... i just never wear it unless i plan on doin somethin stupid like goin fast lol i was just screwin around in the video

even if your messing around its always best to wear your lid, ask blaster99 he will tell you.

should have had a helemt on making that video , not a smart idea on that part. we do have a no helmet pictures/video's policy , maybe the mods should re-inforce that.
very cool project , keep your head on though.