my blasters faster than i thought

blastapole

Jan 25, 2009
claremore, OK
Well today I raced my brother on the yfz450 that I sold him. Its got a pipe and bigger jet on it and a cam gear mod. We just went from a rolling start in second. He'd pull ahead a couple of bike lengths and then end up beating me by about 2-3 lengths. We just run till we kinda topped out. It was on paved road and his has 18 inch on the back and my blaster has 20 inch tires.

I was pretty impressed, now I'm thinking my fmf pipe is holding me back.....lol

yeah it was pretty close. I'm not sure how modded my blaster is. It could have a big bore kit on it. I wont know till I have to take it apart. The guy I bought it off of said it would hang pretty close with his yfz 450 as well and said it was bored over or a big bore I cant remember.

I of course didnt believe him, but I do now.

Ok guys I ran against him again today, but I wanted to make sure he was riding the 450 to its full potential. He wasnt. I killed him when I was on the 450 and he was on the blaster and when I told him to ride the 450 hard he was 12-15 bike lengths on me easily.

I hadnt ridden the 450 since I got my blaster a little over a month ago. I forgot how awesome that bike is, but it was to much of a bike for me.

On the upper end though he he had a hard time catching me.

But I am still going to look at getting an new pipe. :-D