My 2002 Yamaha blaster has a complete engine rebuild but start do I have to adjust the jet screw

Time

Dec 7, 2014
Hello I have. 2002 yamaha blaster the top end was rebuild with new cylinder and piston also new crank and bearing seal ect. Won't fire up try's to but won't help

Hello I have. 2002 yamaha blaster the top end was rebuild with new cylinder and piston also new crank and bearing seal ect. Won't fire up try's to but won't help

what have you checked ?

you need......
a leakproof engine verified with a leakdown test ?
good compression ?
good strong spark..... at the correct time (flywheel woodruff key present and aligned) ?
good fuel flow to a properly cleaned carb, floats set to 20-21.5mm, airscrew around 1.5 turns out ?
good reed petals to regulate fuel/air flow into the engine ?

didn't leave any rags in the intake or exhaust while the top end was off ?

everything awk said:)
where did you buy the new cylinder/or did you get it bored?
Got it online with piston and rings has 120 psi compression no leaks everything was touqe down the proper way re check everything over befor installing only thing I anot mess with was the carb what' can I rule out has good spark flywheel was good what's else ??

what have you checked ?

you need......
a leakproof engine verified with a leakdown test ?
good compression ?
good strong spark..... at the correct time (flywheel woodruff key present and aligned) ?
good fuel flow to a properly cleaned carb, floats set to 20-21.5mm, airscrew around 1.5 turns out ?
good reed petals to regulate fuel/air flow into the engine ?

didn't leave any rags in the intake or exhaust while the top end was off ?
I have the whole motor apart cases split everything was cleaned before being put back together good compression good spark everything was touqe down as it said I did not mess with the carb

Got it online with piston and rings has 120 psi compression no leaks everything was touqe down the proper way re check everything over befor installing only thing I anot mess with was the carb what' can I rule out has good spark flywheel was good what's else ??

a used cylinder or one of the new cheap chinese knockoffs ?
used a leakdown tester ? how long did it hold how much pressure ?
possible fuel/oil dryed in the carb while hanging around waiting for the cylinder ?
reed petals good ?
plug getting wet while trying to start ?
tried a new plug ?

Did you do a proper leak test, how many psi, how many minutes, is the piston facing the right direction? You prob got one of those cheap knockoffs, they have had mixed results on here. You should clean the carb, set the floats and check the jetting while your in there

Did you do a proper leak test, how many psi, how many minutes, is the piston facing the right direction? You prob got one of those cheap knockoffs, they have had mixed results on here. You should clean the carb, set the floats and check the jetting while your in there
It was a used one that's I know of had a new piston not sure how many my buddy told me the compression was good that it might be the carb no leaks he said it might be a knock off I have the original cylinder but needs a sleeve should I get that one and put a sleeve in it ?

a used cylinder or one of the new cheap chinese knockoffs ?
used a leakdown tester ? how long did it hold how much pressure ?
possible fuel/oil dryed in the carb while hanging around waiting for the cylinder ?
reed petals good ?
plug getting wet while trying to start ?
tried a new plug ?
Not sure of how much my buddy told me it was good but it might be a knockoff idk really I got it for 100$ I have old cylinder need a sleeve should I change it even tho my buddy role me it had good compression

Ask your buddy if he's knows what a leaktest. I never heard of it til I joined here. And honestly nobody I knows had ever heard of it either. We all heard of vacuum test, but leaktests are a little different, and most people don't know how critical it is for a 2 stroke to be airtight

Ask your buddy if he's knows what a leaktest. I never heard of it til I joined here. And honestly nobody I knows had ever heard of it either. We all heard of vacuum test, but leaktests are a little different, and most people don't know how critical it is for a 2 stroke to be airtight
Ok I'll ask him but I'd I have no luck imma just sell it to be honest cause I anit think it would be this complicated

Ok I'll ask him but I'd I have no luck imma just sell it to be honest cause I anit think it would be this complicated

it's not that complicated, might be something very simple thats getting overlooked or not checked.
just a process of elimination, and you learn to troubleshoot 2 strokes :)

did you buy it like this/or did it just happen?
any other mods done?
got pics of this carb setup?
I can upload pic tomorrow and everything you'll need to try and rule out thing but I just don't know at this point has 120psi

did you ground out plug to side of cylinder and kick to see if it sparks?

carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

it's not that complicated, might be something very simple thats getting overlooked or not checked.
just a process of elimination, and you learn to troubleshoot 2 strokes :)
Thanks appreciate it let you know how it goes tomorrow and I'll up load pics to

yes pics of both sides of carb would be good:)
does your throttle go in and out smooth?
alot of people put the slide in wrong:)

also get a can of carb cleaner.
you need to take out pilot jet/main jet and soak then for like 10min/blow out with compressed air if you can.
you should be able to hold pilot jet up to a light and see through it.You will need a real small flat head screwdirver to take it out...if it is even a stock carb