more problems!

kchad917

Dec 25, 2010
Well today I took out the blaster after a fresh oil change, clean filter, new plug and I'm running a new oil in my injection (motaul 710) after riding and the bike running awsome I get back to the truck let the bike idle for a sec, give it a rev and it bogged and died, I thought it could have fouled a plug so I put a new plug in and it fired up but everytime I hut the gas it bogged and died now it won't start and the plug get wet with fuel, I checked spark and had it. I'm clueless, also there was a guy that was a no it all and he started tinkering with my air screw and now that outta wack, can someone please help me.

screw the airscrew all the way in, then back out 1.5 turns, that's the baseline.

check to make sure you didn't chip a reed, will it start now that its cooled off? have you removed the TORS yet?

I have not touched the tors yet and i m kinda scared to, I took out the plus and had a friend kick it and I nearly blew my finger off lol so it still has compression and I havnt checked the reeds but they are most likely original from 05, would that make it stop working out of no where?

and that sort of compression test doesn't really work. 50psi will blow your finger off the hole. you need to use a compression tester. I would also agree with brando about the reeds

yeah , start with the simple stuff .
1st check the reeds
2nd get rid of the failure prone injection system and just pre-mix your fuel , Its light years better than the injector and its ALWAYS more accurate than the pump . Plus you can never forget about the tank going empty .
3rd get rid of the TORS , it acts up , it fails , it causes grown men to bang their heads against brick walls , I personally feel Yamaha invented the TORS system because Pearl Harbor didn't work out for them .

well try putting a few drops of petrol down the cylinder and if it fires up just for a little time then you know that you have a broken reed or sumert

Loved the pearl harbor comment hahahaha, I have a friend bringin me a brandnew reeds and cage, injection pump is comin off tonight. I hope its just the reeds. When I pulled it off the truck and gave it one last kick it blew a 5 foot flame out of the pipe and knocked a friend off his outlaw hahaha, how do I go about doin the tors?

the pre 03 blasters have a seperate TORS " Brain " under the hood , pull your hood and you'll see a small black box , unplug it . Then unplug the tors box on top of the carb . DONE!!!! idle adjustments are still made with the tors unit on top of the carb . 03 and up someone else will need to chime in , no experience with those . Search the forum for the oil injection block off thread . Its easy to do and practically free .

Well threw a set of boysen power reeds in today the and the bike fired right up thanks so much guys