Mojave front shock swap

Blasterdude27

Nov 19, 2008
Just outside of fairbanks ak
I've had an old mojave roller kicking around for some time now and I decided to steal some parts off of it for my blaster.

Not a whole lot of useable parts I could swap out but the front shocks were in good shape ( mechanically ) so heres the scoop...

The stock blaster shocks are about 14.5" eye to eye, the mojave's is around 16" I figured I'd have to forget it because having to compress shock to fit = bad.
Actually I only had to slightly compress them... not even a 1/4 of an inch.
One thing you will have to do is get some washers as the brushings are skinnier then the blasters. Other then that its very stright forward.

So the 10000 dollar question... how do they perform??

Well great!!! they aren't a works or elka shock by any means, but they are much much better! They are a tad longer, so you have a little more travle, but are also very soft so they don't beat you to death I:I
The stockers on the blaster are too stiff and short, so if you set it on its softest setting your bottoming out alot, if you click it up a notch its alot stiffer but at least your not bottoming out..
The mojave shocks have more travel while still not being too stiff.

The verdict.
So what do I really think?
If you get them for free or very cheap go for it.
But don't spend any amount of cash on them, save for works.
Overall I'm very happy and I cant wait to really put these to the test!!

Heres some pics!

Keep in mind these are ugly as sin, I'll freshen them up.

(looks crooked because its stilling on a slope )

HPIM1646.jpg

Heres why you need washers

HPIM1647.jpg

HPIM1648.jpg

yes i let just a quick very very small 0f rebound out do to the mojave is much heaver and ajusted coil so there was no bottom out when i jumped up and down on my grab bar an thats it rides an jump awsome....

The ride is so much better with them, they are nice an soft.
pair it with a 250R rear shock and your riding on a cloud!