mair race fenders on 03-06 frame

Nov 7, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the frames are the same, maybe except the front bolt on the hood

exactly, the 03+'s dont have the tab in front to bolt the pre 03 hoods, but the race hoods dont need that anyway
plus the master cylinder mount on the 03+

you guys sure, that thing on the frame looks pretty big.

Fenders i bought
18974.jpg

02 frame. (no large protruding thing sticking up
Blaster1402170.jpg

06 frame that i want (thing sticking up)
CEHEQHgBGkKGrHqMOKo4E0WWw-6LiBNQ0Ue1i_12.jpg

Looking at my pre '03 with the race front mounted up, it looks like you should be alright. There is a lot of room underneath the plastic. It looks like the side of that bulky mount might bolt right up to the mounting holes on the side of the fenders. Dont quote me but you should be alright.

can someone measure the height of that on their 03-06, maybe i can get soemone thats put those on a 90-02 to see if its enough clearence. I supose i could just cute it out of the way if i had to.

It will fit. that i only to hold the headlight housing. i have it on mine and i have the maier plastics and they fit perfect.

4856-front-end-torn-apart-push-bar-painted-flat-black.jpg

4852-painted-my-rims-push-bar-flat-black-put-numbers.jpg

Maier front plastic, 240 big bore kit, moose front shock cover, hand guards, ac front bumper painted flat black, fly racing bars, pro circut grips, pro circut pipe, ac nerf bars, jetted carb, monster graphics, 18 inch fast trackers in the back (tires), prm rear grab bar, 4 inch wheel spacers in the front, 5 inch wheel spacers in the back, Wheels painted flat black. Soon to come- lime green frame and white gas tank.

i know you probably already have it on, but i think theres that part you were concerned with on an 88-02 but i think its more like a loop made of thin circular metal, and it keeps the clutch, brake and throttle cables in place. But i'm not positive.