Made a full 360 back to a blaster

Bmwe30sport

Oct 26, 2009
Rhode Island
Well like the title says I have made a full 360. I started off on a 98 blaster and have had 2 03 shee's, 08 kfx450r, 99 kx250 and now a 04 blaster. I have not been following the blaster scene for a while now and have a few questions.

Whats a better pipe, LRD or the project blaster pipe?
I know the banshee can use yfz shocks/a arms/spindles/brakes, with a spacer can the blaster do the same?

Also who is porting blasters? and who has the best all around port job?

I plan on doing a right side pipe, 15/38 gearing,rk chain, itp mxr6's, douglas red labels,swinger skid, full rebuild+possible port work and some minor cosmetics. Right now it has a fmf pipe and silencer, renthal bars, vforce3's full engine skid.

if i remember correctly, the lrd make a little more on top and the project blaster/f7 makes a little more in the mid. they both have their followers and this thread will probably start a fight =) but I would say that you can't go wrong with either. the f7 is going to be cheaper and any of the site sponsors can do you right on your engine work. if i remember correctly the vito's fat bastard makes the most top-end outside of a out-of-frame drag exhaust (however, i do not have the experience or proof to back this up- only my research).

If you can find the old LRD adjustable pipe get it. you can tune those to make awesome power. otherwise I'd stick with the F7 (made by power pros, so really any power pros pipe). Flotek, kennedy, and wildcard all do port work. I personally suggest Flotek because he did my last jug and I loved it. I dont really have any exp. with the other guys, But I have heard good things about all of them. I would just call them up and see who seems like they will work best for you. One more thing, With a new pipe and a port job your going to need a bigger carb the stock one just wont cut it.

picsssss welcome back to the blaster scene

pics of my old bikes?

mustangparts009.jpg

Itpmxr6008.jpg

003-1.jpg

banshee001.jpg

magnaflowcatss011.jpg

So right now my blaster is white with the red frame. Im thinking of having my friend paint the hubs/swinger/throttle plate yz blue, the frame/front bumper/a arms a gun metal color, and then keep the white plastics and a all black seat.

very nice toys, very clean....i guess the 2nd shee is your beater shee...and the first one is the show off/ duner shee LOL....very clean machines...all of them...is the first shee new? and i think it needs so nerfs

Thanks guys... the blue shee was my second shee. I wont go into what it had but it ripped and no one in my local pit could touch it. The black and red one was just a beater shee until i found a clean starting point aka the blue one.

So I just ordered the tires, wheels, seat cover, and some misc stuff off of rockymountain for it.

Im having a hard time finding the sprockets where do you guys get your 15/38 T sprockets from?

I've heard that a rear sprocket from a '90 and up shee or a warrior will bolt on. There suppose to have the same bolt pattern. I've never tryed it though so I can't say for sure

I've heard that a rear sprocket from a '90 and up shee or a warrior will bolt on. There suppose to have the same bolt pattern. I've never tryed it though so I can't say for sure

Yea if i remember correctly i had to use a spare rear sprocket from my friend when i sheared the teeth off of my alum one and his spare one was for his blaster and it fit no problem.

what tires r on the blaster n did u like them?

They were GBC mudsharks, I liked them on the blaster back then cuase i didnt ride all that hard and they went through everything. I wouldnt buy them again though cuase they're heavy and too tall imo for the back of the blaster. I've tried maxxis razr's, holeshot hd's, holeshot xc's, and holseshot mxr6's and my favorite out of all of them are the mxr6's. We have a very muddy section in the pit i ride and with the mxr6's they clean out awesome and pull through everything and even in sand they were great compared to the razr's they replaced.

They were GBC mudsharks, I liked them on the blaster back then cuase i didnt ride all that hard and they went through everything. I wouldnt buy them again though cuase they're heavy and too tall imo for the back of the blaster. I've tried maxxis razr's, holeshot hd's, holeshot xc's, and holseshot mxr6's and my favorite out of all of them are the mxr6's. We have a very muddy section in the pit i ride and with the mxr6's they clean out awesome and pull through everything and even in sand they were great compared to the razr's they replaced.

yea i hav razrs n i dont like them i used to have xc's n wanted to try somethin different but i dontl like my razrs at all i want something thats good for mud and really loose dirt cuz thts like all i ride

yea i hav razrs n i dont like them i used to have xc's n wanted to try somethin different but i dontl like my razrs at all i want something thats good for mud and really loose dirt cuz thts like all i ride

I would reccomend the mxr6's or mxr4's, cuase the sand pit i ride its mostly sand, loose loose dirt, or mud/silt and they worked awesome for that.

so besides ordering mxr6's, douglas red labels, fx gripper seat cover,tm designs chain guide and new renthals grips, I have just ordered a lrs ebrake block off, galfer wave rotor, galfer pads, new carrier bearings.

I cant wait to start on the motor:D