lt500.. info, experinces? good and bad?

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
ok, anyone on here own/have owned a lt500? im looking to buy one but want to the know the good/bad before i jump in to a bunch of top end rebuilds and problems... are they reliable? how fast compaired to a shee/newer 450's, raptors ect? thanks guys, just dont want a huge money pitt

huge money pit.....lotta power to be had but u will spend more time wrenching than riding. old bike is gonna need more maitenince.PERIOD....there are thrust washers on the wrist pin that are notorious for breaking and destroying whole engines...happened to me. parts are getting hard to find and expensive...but like anything it can be what u make it...$$$ and they do sell billet thrust washers...

they can hold there own against shee...and they could dominate the newer 450's piped cuz i destroy them...i raced one twice...there nasty things...lost both times...

ya the notreliable at all my dads friend was able to ride with us once because every weekend his was f*cked up and we road every weekend last summer

the '89 and '90 are the years to get. The '87 and '88 were notorious for breaking piston skirts. Theres a guy near me thats selling a trx250r with an lt500 motor mounted in it. That thing hauls some serious butt