Jetting question

nji911

Sep 18, 2015
I know the answer I am looking for is probably answered in a thread somewhere already but I'm looking for a quick answer because I need to place my order tonight. I have a 2002 Yamaha Blaster with FMF gold series pipe and silencer, open air box and v-force reeds. Other then that it is stock. Just did a rebuild because the previous owner ruined a brand new top end because it was running lean due to poor jetting. I am in upstate NY with temps between 55-75 normally. I am thinking a 300 main jet with 32.5 or 35 pilot. Please let me know if this is right. Thanks!

what was the poor jetting at??###
you really should leak test it first otherwise
all the jets in the world wont save your engine:D
it either blew from too lean
airleak,improper piston to cylinder clearances....ect
list goes on..

It was left at stock jetting which is 230? I plan to leak test as well but I want to order the correct jets too.

It was left at stock jetting which is 230? I plan to leak test as well but I want to order the correct jets too.

yes, 230 is stock

stock 32.5 pilot, airscrew @ 1.5 to start, tune for highest idle
stock needle on middle clip position
buy 270 thru 310 main jets
start large and plug chop down to perfection, or +1 size up to be safe
you should fall in the 270-290 range, but I always suggest 1-2 sizes larger
it helps to learn plug chops and tuning down from rich, plus you'll have larger jets for when the temps drop down into the 50's - 30's

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
yes, 230 is stock

stock 32.5 pilot, airscrew @ 1.5 to start, tune for highest idle
stock needle on middle clip position
buy 270 thru 310 main jets
start large and plug chop down to perfection, or +1 size up to be safe
you should fall in the 270-290 range, but I always suggest 1-2 sizes larger
it helps to learn plug chops and tuning down from rich, plus you'll have larger jets for when the temps drop down into the 50's - 30's
Thank you very much. Exactly the information I was looking for. Should I leave the pilot at 32.5 or up that one size too.

Reactions: Awk08