jetting advice

oldschoolyfs

Dec 7, 2015
I am using the fmf exhaust and twinair filter with no lid on the airbox.
The carburetor is the stock banshee mikuni, with a 280 main.
Should i use a smaller size jet?
The left side banshee carb was connected to the right side carb by a rubber vent tube. Since i used one carb, should i leave this vent open or should i shut it?
Thanks.

Its number 42.
Should i leave it open on the Blaster?
On the banshee, it connects the two carbs.

Attachments

• yamaha-yfz350d-banshee-1992-carburetor_bigyau0296a-11_af91.gif
    yamaha-yfz350d-banshee-1992-carburetor_bigyau0296a-11_af91.gif
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,281
Is this a banshee carb on a Blaster? (By what post says we assume it is) If so than there are maybe a few other jetting issues you may want to address also. Jet needle, main jet, pilot jet etc..

There's a sticky in carb section with the stock Banshee jetting compared to Blasters ..

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
When i bought my Blaster, it was fitted with a Kehin race carb, probably from a 250cc motocross bike. The carb had some issues and it was leaking very bad.
A friend of mine who owns a modified Banshee, gave me the stock Mikunis. I only used the left side carb because it is the one fitted with the choke knob. The jetting is stock. (for the Banshee engine).

The jetting is stock. (for the Banshee engine).

that may not work, at least for the pilot jet, I think banshees use 30 or 28 pilots ?
you'll need to check and/or put a 32.5 stock blaster pilot on there.
needle difference ? our blasters like the stock blaster needle on middle clip position. you cross reference needle # on bike bandit schematics or carb parts warehouse.
that 280 main is a good starting point for plug chops