intro and question.

vinnytobasco

Sep 23, 2010
pittsburgh
Hello everyone i'm new here, I just wanted to introduce myself.My names Vinny, I just got another blaster after haveing one previously then I moved on and got a 400ex then a quadzilla 500, then a warrior, then I realized none of them were really as fun to ride or even work on as the blaster, and there reliable fun little quads.So I went and baught a blaster off my friend, that he had abused for 300 bucks it's a 2002 and has a titel.At the moment im working on getting everything funcunable, rear breaks, eliminateing tors, blocking off injector est. And my question is befor I put a glob of silicone on a nozel on the carb I want to make sure it is where the oil injector went, soo if somebody would be soo kind to point it out, show a picture, or give me instruction of where it is, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Vincent.

its the little brass nipple on the upper right side as you are sitting on the quad. i would use a automotive vacuum cap instead of a glob of silicone, that hole has to stay sealed or you will have a rageing airleak. rageing airleak -blown topend. but welcome aboard and have fun!!

silicone? do you mean a sealant?

and i am sorry but the zilla is a lot more fun to ride than a blaster.

Thanks a bunch guys, I had it right actually, I plan on useing a piece of tube the fits snug with a bolt shoved in it, It has always worked for me on my old yamaha enduro bike soo ima use that, and believe me i know the consiquenses of noth sealing the oil injector nipple off on my old blaster i never did and it sucked in water through puddles and fryed my rings.
And yeah the zilla was fun but I could never go rideing without proublems, it wouldent rev out like a small boar two stroke and nothing was a challange on it with it's linear 4 stroke like power , the frame sucked, craked it twice, wheelies were soo sketchy with the goofie wheel base they were out of the question, and it just wasent what i wanted.I would take the 400ex over the zilla all day long.But thats just my 2 cents that bike felt like a money pit for me.

it is easier to just get a 28pwk carb.

not trying to argue but does anyone know how to build a zilla.
i had a 87, never blew a head gasket, only had to rebuild it once in the 4 years i owned it.
the power isnt linear, they just have some lower end grunt, and they can rev to 10K.
the frame is set up for bigger guys, i thought the wheel base was perfect for me. and i would ride the back wheels on mine.

Why should I get a 28pwk carb ? And im glad you liked the zilla it was deffinatly a cool machine for it's age, It's not that i diden't know how to build it i was on quadzilla fourms all the time asking questions fixing everything rite.The top end never had to be tuched the engine was reliable for me sure i never blew a head gasket either, but i jumped it and craked the frame and, riped all the splines off the axel. I think what the problem was the previouse owners neglected it and, i ended up fixing everything and reselling it.And what i meant by linear power was it diden't have that 2 stroke hit that you get from a banshee or a 125 or 250, it's a big bore and it revs like one plain and simple thats just my opinion though.

Yeah I don't plan on putting too much into this blaster though but i do plan on getting the stock carb boared, and the head milled along with the other mods i'm doing.

Yeah I can get my stock carb boared for free what would be the advantage with the pwk? I need an aftermarket expansion chamber befor anything i still have stock pipes if anyone wants to let some go cheap i'm ganna check out the stuff for sale on this site.

the stock carb isn't the best design, plus you can only bore it out like 1mm.
the pwk design is better you can always get a 30mm pwk carb.
as for the pipe, do you plan on getting the engine ported in the future or not?
if not, look for like a cheap fmf system.

The engine is already ported i have spent 5 hours on it soo far i followed kens instructions. I have ported about 6 motors so far i wasen't really removeing much material just cleaning up the ports and i opened the exhaust port and polished it, polished my piston crown, i'm getting the compression raised ( haveing the head milled .030 ) , and carbon reeds. I just feel like as of now it's like the blastys breathing through a straw on that tiny carb, i just want to open it up 1.25 mm and polish it up, i know ken dose amazeing work ,but i can have my pap do it for free he's a machinenist soo we'll see how it works out if it don't work to great i'l go for the pwk.
Now is there any mods I can do to the stock expansion chamber, is there any restrictors in there that anyone knows of? I mean i have takein a stock pipe for my old yamaha enduro and cut it open and took out all the restrictors and rewelded it on the stock welds, can i do the same with this?

the stock pipe is full of sh*t, i know there is a cone in there but you can only get it out by cutting it apart. better to just get a a/m pipe

The engine is already ported i have spent 5 hours on it soo far i followed kens instructions. I have ported about 6 motors so far i wasen't really removeing much material just cleaning up the ports and i opened the exhaust port and polished it, polished my piston crown, i'm getting the compression raised ( haveing the head milled .030 ) , and carbon reeds. I just feel like as of now it's like the blastys breathing through a straw on that tiny carb, i just want to open it up 1.25 mm and polish it up, i know ken dose amazeing work ,but i can have my pap do it for free he's a machinenist soo we'll see how it works out if it don't work to great i'l go for the pwk.
Now is there any mods I can do to the stock expansion chamber, is there any restrictors in there that anyone knows of? I mean i have takein a stock pipe for my old yamaha enduro and cut it open and took out all the restrictors and rewelded it on the stock welds, can i do the same with this?

i would just keep my eye out for a used fmf, they can be had for pretty cheap and i dont think you would gain much by messing with the stocker.

I'd like to fab up a custom tuned pipe but the down time for the blasty would just be way to long, has anyone on the fourm tryed it ? And yeah i'l start looking, thing is people on ebay think there beat fmf pipes are worth almost as much as they are new it's bullshit.