Idles but shuts off when I hit gas

Blasternoob13

Feb 1, 2014
I have a mid 90s blaster and I just did a lot of work on it . It idles but spits smoke at me and whenever I hit the gas even the slightest bit it stalls out . Any help will be apresiated

I cleaned the carb tore the motor off to check the rings . Put it all back together and then I'm here

I cleaned the carb tore the motor off to check the rings . Put it all back together and then I'm here

did you use new head and base gaskets, do heat cycles, and retorque the head/base nuts after last heat cycle ?
and then leakdown test ?

only time it ever happened to me the parking brake was on...that was when i first got it .....i disconnected tors....did you mess with clutch perch n lever at all?????

You need new gaskets, and torque to correct specs...

only time it ever happened to me the parking brake was on...that was when i first got it .....i disconnected tors....did you mess with clutch perch n lever at all?????

pre-03 does not have the parking brake like the newer models

Do not run it again until you fix it. Your asking for trouble, you need new gaskets, torqued down to spec and a leak test. You will be surprised what will happen if you run it.

Nope nope n nope. I just need to make it move n ride n I'll be good.

Too many "nopes" that should be "yups" ! I don't know about you, and I'm sure I can speak for 99% of the members here that , a little peace of mind can go a long way by taking the PROPER steps as mentioned. Serious engine failure can be a result of cutting corners.