how to paint a skull on your helmet

samolia

Jul 13, 2008
Alger, Michigan
WARNING I HIGHLY RECOMMENED USING SOME KIND OF AIR RESPORATOR WHILE PAINTING THERE ARE HARMFUL CHEMICALS IN PAINT THAT CAN AFFECT YOUR HEALTH WHY DO YOU THINK AFTER PAINTING WITH BLACK ALL DAY YOU DLOW OUT BLACK SNOT THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

ok this is the first time i ever painted a helmet so go easy on me.
i know there are better ways to paint this but i did what i could with what i had.

MATERIALS NEEDED..
pencil
marker
papar
masking tape
paint
and of course a helmet

STEP ONE: draw a picture of what you want obviously i drew a skull but you can put whatever you want.
heres what i drew.

100_3509.jpg

STEP TWO: mask off the helmet your paint job is only as good as your masking job i know this part isnt very fun but you gatta do it good to have a good outcome.
so by this point your helmet should look like this.

100_3486.jpg

STEP THREE: figure out what colors you want i choose a flat black with a white for the skull.
first i laid out the white for the skull then i started masking off the top off the helmet but with each peice of tape i stuck it on my pants first so it wasnt as sticky so it wont take the paint off.
then you start sketching the design on the helmet as you can see i did in this pic

100_3491.jpg

STEP FOUR: time for cutting.
when you get done sketching you have to use a razor blade to cut the tape in a neat line so it will turn out good.
now this part can get confusing all the parts you want black you have to cut out and all the parts you want white you have to leave the tape as you can see i did in the pic

100_3494.jpg

STEP FIVE: start applying the last color of paint now if you want the the lines to show up nice and crisp then i suggest not painting anymore then 3 coats.
after you paint it then you can start removing the masking tape as you can see in the pic

100_3499.jpg

STEP SIX: normally this step would be saved for clear coating but since i want mine flat black i skipped this step.

STEP SEVEN: step back and enjoy the work you have done!!!!!

100_3501.jpg

i hope my how to has helped some people good luck with your projects!!!