how the heck do I get this out!!!

MercMenace

Mountain Man
Apr 27, 2014
Cheyenne, Wy

Counter balance shaft. 06 ttr230.
S.O.B. is welded in with rust. Soaking in penatrating oil now. No way to get at it from backside.

Help.

the business end of a mapp gas torch to expand the cases in that area and a slide weight puller attached to the crank ?

I would heat the case and pull both the shaft and the bearing out in one piece then seperated the two outside of the case. Either with heat, a press or cut it off and buy a new bearing.

Yeah some heat and a puller. Map gas will work better than propane as it gets hotter. I would heat it up quick and have the puller ready so you can heat and then pull.. Propane may work but it may take longer,, thus heating the bearing along with it.. Aluminum heats quicker than steel and will expand faster than the bearing material so some quick heat with the map gas will get the case expanding before the bearing.. Quick hot heat with map gas then yank.. Propane may work but I would go with map gas on this one.

By the looks of those bearings I wouldn't use any of them. Bearing should come off shaft with heat and puller.

How long was this thing sitting out in the weather?