how many "hp" does a stock blaster have?

BomBlasteR

Nov 17, 2008
South Africa
just wandering? Oh yeah, forgive me for the most retarded question but what is a "POWERBAND" and do blasters have em'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Just want to get some knowlige) :)

powerband is like the top of a gear where the speed just kicks in sorta
i think blasters have like 13 horsepower or something like that.

^^^^^Wrong^^^^^​
The powerband is the whole power range that an engine has. Like a engine can have a "dip" in the power band at certin RPM's. Look at a dyno chart, you can see the powerband as the RPM's go up and down.

Also Blasters have 17HP Stock​

only if you have the power band edition. I beleive the best way to describe it would be the rpm range that the engine really comes to life. this is mainly up to what pipe you are running and mods. it is like a cam in a 4 stroke there are different ranges to chose but all parts must compliment one another. like small carb ,top end pipe not good. but yes all 2 stroke have power bands some more noticeable depending on mods. for instance a 2stroke moped will seem to not have one , take the same engine do some mods and it will come to life if a specified range.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A diagram comparing the power and torque of a "torquey" engine versus a "peaky" oneThe power band which refers to the range of operating speeds under which the engine is able to operate efficiently. A typical gasoline automotive engine is capable of operating at a speed of between around 750 and 6000 RPM, but the engine's power band would be more limited. The engine would typically not generate maximum torque until higher operating speeds of perhaps 2500 RPM, after such, the torque drops off. The peak power (horsepower) might be closer to 5000 RPM. Such an engine would be said to have a "power band" of 2500-5000 RPM (another example would be from torque peak to redline: 2500-6000 RPM).

This can be applied to any engine and establishes a reliable quantification of the above notion "the engine is able to operate efficiently".

Contents [hide]
1 Power Band Tuning Considerations
1.1 Cost and Usage Considerations
1.2 Tuning for High Horsepower Output Vs. High Torque Output
1.3 Misconception
2 Power band considerations with a CVT vehicle
3 Non-Automotive Power Band Tuning
4 See also

I read on wakopedia that a 4 poke can also be tuned to have a quick power band. which is some what true but no where near the arm pullin power of a wingdinger!!!