Hondas New 250r prototype

FasterBlaster22

Jan 11, 2008
Boston Ny
Hi guys just got my new dirtwheels in the mail today and wanted to share some info with you. Honda has a new 250r that they want to come out with. The mag also says yamaha is working on a new yfz250 prototype. Honda says the cr250f based powerplant pumps out 28 to 33HP. Four stroke liquid cooled 4 valve uni-cam engine. I can scan this too if you would like me too.

Here are some pics (not too good sorry)

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

Honda makes a 700 now to. But why the hell would yamaha make a yfz 250? Replacing the new raptor already?

A saw the 700xx looks pretty cool. But dirtwheels said that they actually saw yamaha yfz250 prototype in action. I also heard suzuki has a ltr250 up their sleve. I think a racing 250cc quad class would be sick! But yea definitly not as good as the originals like the Tecte 4, Lt250r, and the Trx250r

cool and all, but just a nother thumping disgrase to a legendary name if you ask me, SOMETHIN LIKE THE NEW CHARGER'S AND GTO'S =/ ??? wtf is that crap. they want to sell their BS under the good name built buy the 2 strokes, without their barage of BS its just a raptor 250 so how do they make it sell........

I've been hearing about the 250's for a couple years now at the track, figured they would have been out by now. There's enough demand now with quad racing growing to market one.

Yea article was talking about taking the legendary 250r name the article says they will probally call it the trx250xx. The article also says the problem with them is the price like a 250f dirt bike vs. a 450f dirt bike the 250f is like only $1000 cheaper so why not go bigger for the extra money. I can scan this i you guys want.

ok ok guys this 250r is in the april issue ,each year they do this and evrybody get verry excited over a product thats dosent existe,read the mag correctely ,they say somwere else thats its a april fool !!! sorry guys!!!

i agree with 00blasterresto, why the f**k would the discrase the name of the 250r, they need to start making 2 strokes again, like the banshee 500 prototype, they took a super fast 350 twin, 2stroke, and raped and pillaged it and made it a liquid cooled 4 stroke, wouldnt it be oh so much better a 500 cc screaming fast 2 stroke? remember the quadzilla...... oh my friends never have i seen a more sexy motor, all that raw power. i have yet to see stock for stock, a quad that can beat one, even the renegade 800, biggest stock sport quad on the market right now dont even touch the classic quadzilla. these new quads are a big disgrace to the 2 stroke powerplant, i never rode a 4 stroke that has power like a 2 stroke and never will, you just cant get that power, that sound or that great 2 stroke smell from a sh*tty 4 stroke. a good idea for yamaha honda suzuki can am and any other quad maker, would be to start another 2 stroke line with a 250, a 400, and a 550 or 600cc motor and see how thy do. ill be the first to buy one if yamaha makes a 600cc 2stroke. that idea is almost as good as sex.....

i agree with 00blasterresto, why the f**k would the discrase the name of the 250r, they need to start making 2 strokes again, like the banshee 500 prototype, they took a super fast 350 twin, 2stroke, and raped and pillaged it and made it a liquid cooled 4 stroke, wouldnt it be oh so much better a 500 cc screaming fast 2 stroke? remember the quadzilla...... oh my friends never have i seen a more sexy motor, all that raw power. i have yet to see stock for stock, a quad that can beat one, even the renegade 800, biggest stock sport quad on the market right now dont even touch the classic quadzilla. these new quads are a big disgrace to the 2 stroke powerplant, i never rode a 4 stroke that has power like a 2 stroke and never will, you just cant get that power, that sound or that great 2 stroke smell from a sh*tty 4 stroke. a good idea for yamaha honda suzuki can am and any other quad maker, would be to start another 2 stroke line with a 250, a 400, and a 550 or 600cc motor and see how thy do. ill be the first to buy one if yamaha makes a 600cc 2stroke. that idea is almost as good as sex.....

Yea but it will never happen new 2 strokes will eventually be gone. The biggest quad on the market now is the thundercat 1000 not the renagade. Honda says it will be called the 250xx not the 250r sorry i did not read the whole thing!

Last edited:
ok ok guys this 250r is in the april issue ,each year they do this and evrybody get verry excited over a product thats dosent existe,read the mag correctely ,they say somwere else thats its a april fool !!! sorry guys!!!

Where does it say that? Not like i care if its real or not just wanted to share the info i saw in the mag. Anyways hondas are junk

idk i used to love how just the 450r s used to look but now they all have the same body style i think honda played it out just a lil too much

Yea but it will never happen new 2 strokes will eventually be gone. The biggest quad on the market now is the thundercat 1000 not the renagade. Honda says it will be called the 250xx not the 250r sorry i did not read the whole thing!

i dont agree with "2strokes will eventually be gone", 2008 is the last year of them but look at jet skis are still and will continue to be made becuase there direct injection 2 strokes that have less emissions than 4 strokes. i beleive pretty soon they're gonna use the same technolgy in dirt bikes and quads. i cant live with 4 pokes. and just as conversation starters who knew trains were diesel 2 strokes