honda 150r

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
hey im in the market for a new bike or quad so I was thinking about the honda 150r dirtbike I no its not a 2 stroke but everyone says they race with the 85's and they hall the mail. I can get one with a pipe,rev box,diffrent cams ooo and its a big wheel so its not small at all

The first gens had problems with throwing cranks, honda had a recall on them. For a while honda replaced them for free.. not sure if they do anymore. There not bad bikes, I wouldn't mind owning one. make sure its a crf150r not a crf150f or xr150 the crf150f's and xr150's are air cooled trail bikes, my cousin had a 150f..... slowwwww ( but fun )

the crf150r will keep up :p but the 150f will not the 150r is sick!! its like 4100 new from dealer 2200 is a good deal

my friend got to have one for a year that honda sent him it was badass i can see how they could keep up with the 250f.. he didnt have a problem with the crank in the year of beating the sh*t out of it pretty reliable

LOL, you need to look the crf150r up then. But you should probly stick with a two stroke when the engine gets that small. They need to be around 11,000 RPMs for them to work, about the same as a 250f. Reliabilty is def. an issue when you start making modifications to an engine that small, esp. the high lift cams and a rev box. No doubt they are fast as sh*t, but they arent worth the extra money. Both the 85 and the 150r need to have the sh*t revved out of them to make power, so you might as well learn how to ride correctly with a two stroke while you are young and then get a 250f when you are ready.

i did look them up.. they look quick.. but also like stated need to be reved to make power.. size wise there small though... idk maybe its cos i like my old stuff.. my 84 cr125 is just as tall as my 93 cr250 was

That is just the bike feeling thinner and lighter, it has nothing to do with seat height. My yz125 had a taller seat height than my 426

umm you guys no how old this thread is hahha...........I bought a can am ds450r x and im loving it..................anyways im buying a cr85 as my stunt bike