Help!

Logan546

Aug 24, 2015
I Have a 2000 Blaster. Just got the bottom end rebuilt with ProX rod. Topend with ProX piston & gaskets. Now, i bought this quad without a carb. I got a carb from another parts blaster. The current carb i have has no idle air screw. So i ordered one and im ready to start breaking in my engine with its first start up. How should i set my idle??? I dont want to start it up on the engines first ever start and have it at an extremely high idle and burn the rings out quick. What should i do?

figure out which way the idle increases and decreases,then keep it low and try to start it lol
airscrew set it at 1 1/2 turnout from fully seated..
if it is stock it looks like this..The idle raises the slide so i guess if you had it in your hand you could see it when the slide is all the way down and then when you increase it,it will lift the slide.
carb plus idle 1 1 2 big 1 1 1.jpg

screw the idle out,try to start it hold the throttle to keep it going till you can set idle.
i guess if you are worried about it:)

also if the airscrew is turned almost all the way closed it should not idle very high:)
or even start lol
turning idle to the right will increase idle
turning airscrew to the right will decrease,the airscrew.visa versa

i just copyed this from toomey idle kit instructions
i was just talking out of my azz earlier but i guess
i was pretty close lol:)

Now please clean thoroughly the entire carb of all chips and dirt. Only after everything is perfectly clean and all chips are gone, (use compressed air to thoroughly blow out any and all chips & dirt) can you screw the idle screws into the carbs, (don't forget to put the lock nut on first) and re-assemble the complete carb. With the Idle screw backed out a little, so it doesn't touch the slide, install the carb on the bike. Be sure to install the slide properly. Specifically, with the "cut-away" facing the rear of the bike, and the big 45 degree idle screw ramp (notch) on the bottom facing the Idle screw. This is the ramp that the idle screws use to hold the slides in the idle position. Please confirm that the slide does in fact "bottom out" in the throttle bore. Now, start up the bike and warm it up thoroughly. While holding the throttle at the desired idle level, screw in the Idle screws until they just start to touch the slides and raise the RPM, then back off about 1/4 turn, and secure the lock nut and you're done! The Idle rpm should be around 1400 rpm, or as low an rpm that is stable when the engine is warm.

ok i will stop know;)

BLASTER IDLE INSTRUCTION JPG 1.jpg

Attachments

• blaster idle kit instructions (1).pdf
    228.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited: