help with a 2000 blaster

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
i am doing this for my friends since he does not have a computer. he says when hes in 3 or 4th gear the chain starts to bounce up and down once it went over the small sproket. we checked the chain it has everything tight and shape. does anybody have an idea wuts wrong?

When the chain heats up it expands which may cause the movement. A little chain movement isnt bad. there are a couple ways to fix it either...
1. Buy a new chain
2. Buy a chain tensioner (its like a wheel on a spring that holds tension on the chain

Sounds like a shot chain to me, I would recommend throwing down the green for a new chain (and sprockets if you can).

It's really one of those things you should not overlook. If it breaks, you run the risk of getting stranded, and the whiplash from the chain could not only hurt you, it could destroy the case and damage the motor.

maxitout77 said:
Sounds like a shot chain to me, I would recommend throwing down the green for a new chain (and sprockets if you can).

It's really one of those things you should not overlook. If it breaks, you run the risk of getting stranded, and the whiplash from the chain could not only hurt you, it could destroy the case and damage the motor.

Thats exactly what will happen too.

I'd definitely replace the chain and sprockets, if nothing else, at least the chain. If someone has a camera (video or still) and your replacing it yourselves, you should make it a How-To.

You need to remove the chain, and let it hang down... It should hang COMPLETELY straight without ANY help.

If it zigzags at all then the chain is bad

I own a 2003 blaster and it came with a chain tensioner i think yours probably has one too. I've had the nut fall off of it and my chain went loose have you checked to see if there already is a chain tensioner?