HELP!!! No idea what carburetor I have...

Lyssad2003

Feb 16, 2016
So, I picked up this Blaster off of my friend's nephew.

First indicator that it wasn't quite right: The choke.
Pulled it apart to clean it and the floats are mounted differently, the needle valve (I believe) screws and is not attached to the metal flap on the float... I took photos of the markings I could find on it and a few of the inside and such.

There are quite a few differences and I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 162
And now looking at the VM tuning manual, I could be mistaken about it being wrong. Oy. Anywho... Input still needed as the 88-02 rebuild kit DOES NOT fit this darn thing...

Aaaaaand... I think I have the VM34 Mikuni...

Based on my work-time research... :oops:

Last edited:
If you measure the outlet side of carb (the smaller side,inner diameter) than you will know the size. It is a VM series but as far as the size you will need to measure.

Ohh yeah, and by now I'm sure you realize it's not a stock carb. Depending on what mods you have if any, you may want to look into acquiring a stock 26mm Blaster carb. The stock carbs are great and as far as jetting goes there relatively easy to tune and jetting info is abundant on the forum here. There's nothing wrong with running a different carb, but it will take more time etc to jet correctly and allot of patience sometimes...

Reactions: 82cutty
I was thinking that, but keep second guessing myself because it looks like it has the oil block off (plugged tube/whatever). On that note, I was looking around for stock carbs yesterday anyway. I kind of want to start from scratch and don't really have $80-$100 to replace it right now. I'm fixing it on a budget. It was supposed to be my tax return fun toy, but other, more important things came up. BOO ADULTHOOD!!!!

All I can recall is it was bored .010 and has an aftermarket pipe and silencer. The silencer was replaced with stock at some point... Kid traded it and something else for different tires. Yep. He was that kid.

Thank you very much for your input! I'll figure out the actual size of the darn thing and update later... and see if I can find a stock carb on the cheap.

Figure out what size this carb is and sell it, use the $ towards a stock Blaster carb.

You're right, by the looks of it it was an oil injection carb. There's quite a few things the carb could have came from. Narrow down the size,, then figure what jetting is in it. This carb "could" work perfectly fine, the thing is will it run good and is the jetting not so lean as to seize it up sooner than later..

Welcome to the forum BTW..

Thanks, btw, jus_me!

I measured my carb. It measures just under 33mm. Took it to a bike shop and they looked through their Mikuni catalog with me to see if we could find the gasket and such... to no avail. It's super rough and whatnot inside anyway.

I'll be acquiring a stock carb, as suggested. :)