help new blaster owner !!!!!!

jamesbass

Apr 9, 2016
2004 yes 200 blaster and I'm lost on it all as I'm new to 4 wheelers ..what oil goes under seat in rear near brake light?? ..how do i mix my gas and oil????what oil goes on bottom of engine side where i would put oil in on my 4 stroke yamaha 250 this blaster has same oil cap on side but what goes where I'm soon confused

Good ole Yamalube 2s will work fine. Others may suggest other oils which will also be fine. Do not use outboard, weedwacker, sno-mo, or any chèep oil. Quality doesn't cost, it PAYS.

For the transmission, DO NOT use anything with friction !modifiers, be sure it is SM rated or less. Cheap 10-30 is good. Gear Saver is good. You can use atf type F , but more frequent changes. Myself I've started using Shell Rotella.

Reactions: jamesbass
For the tank under the seat, that is the oil tank that automatically mixes with the gas. If it's there fill it up with some yamalube 2 stroke oil, found at any atv dealership. The oil that going in the case via the hole on the right side of the bike can be a number of things. Easiest and widely used is automatic transmission fluid TYPE F. Same stuff that goes in your car. I have used it, other members have used it with no problems. Yes you can get others but the price goes waaaay up!!! Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!

For the tank under the seat, that is the oil tank that automatically mixes with the gas. If it's there fill it up with some yamalube 2 stroke oil, found at any atv dealership. The oil that going in the case via the hole on the right side of the bike can be a number of things. Easiest and widely used is automatic transmission fluid TYPE F. Same stuff that goes in your car. I have used it, other members have used it with no problems. Yes you can get others but the price goes waaaay up!!! Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
whaT ABOUT 4 STROKE 10W40 OIL
VALVOLINE IN THE RIGHT SIDE LOWER CASE BLACK LID AND TY]

No battery as its kickstart. NO electric start.
THX BROTHER I JUST CLEANED CARB I HAD IT IDLING AND WHEN I REV IT IN NEUTRAL WHILE IDLING IT STAYS MAX RPMS OR WHEN I PULL CLUTCH IT GETS HIGH RPM ON ITS ON IN INTERVALS CONFUSING BECAUSE I AM NEW BUT I KNOW ENOUGH TO ASSUME THATS ABNORMAL

Highly recommended to do a leakdown test , and not ride until repaired. Oddß are you have an air leak !!
It could be a sticky throttle cable , but that is "classic" symptoms.
Check that top of carb is tight and gasket is good.

PLEASE STOP YELLING :D

Highly recommended to do a leakdown test , and not ride until repaired. Oddß are you have an air leak !!
It could be a sticky throttle cable , but that is "classic" symptoms.
Check that top of carb is tight and gasket is good.

PLEASE STOP YELLING :D
hey i rode today it only revs at times but if does i ease out a hair on cluytch it stops then a while later it will do it again i was fooling with parking brake it will lower idle and once it was reving high on its on i engaged prking brke and it stopped from reving mind u i learned today that my p brake isnt functioning will prking brake not functioning have anything to do with this? also whats the tors?

Hold throttle wide open, release quickly, you should hear slide snap shut. Engine off obviously. Do this several times. Wouldn't hurt to lube everything up.

Tors is a system that retards/kills the spark to limit engine speed of the slide sticks open but throttle is released.
Parking brake uses TORS brain so it can't make enough power to wear the brake very easily.

I, as will many others, still highly recommend a leak down test. An air leak can and will damage an engine. It may be slowly, rapidly in an hour or so , worse case is a run away engine, where it will seize or explode in a matter of seconds.

Hold throttle wide open, release quickly, you should hear slide snap shut. Engine off obviously. Do this several times. Wouldn't hurt to lube everything up.

Tors is a system that retards/kills the spark to limit engine speed of the slide sticks open but throttle is released.
Parking brake uses TORS brain so it can't make enough power to wear the brake very easily.

I, as will many others, still highly recommend a leak down test. An air leak can and will damage an engine. It may be slowly, rapidly in an hour or so , worse case is a run away engine, where it will seize or explode in a matter of seconds.
thx also i need figure how much air im supposed to put in these tires they are cheng shin 21x10x8 rear and same company

The plug boot will unscrew from the wire for replacement, cut 3/8-1/2" off wire to get to new center core for better connection.

The wire does not disconnect from coil.