HELP! 2000 blaster won't start

bluepirate

Jun 12, 2015
Ok I have a 2000 yamaha blaster that has completely stumped me. It will not start. It has compression. It has a new stator, new cdi box, new coil, new spark plug, new carb. Reeds are good. Kill switching disconnected. Timing is dead on. Please someone help me!

timing is dead on.....
meaning which aftermarket stator did you buy?? if it has 5 wires you need to ground the additional green wire as well?
alot of the aftermarket stators will not work on the blaster/or flywheel magnets are bad?
did you comp test it to confirm compression?
tested for spark/free flowing gas ect:)

soo is it a cheap azz stator or not?o_O
you can remove the key switch as well to see if that is issue.
but if yur saying it has good blue spark/getting gas,air ...has 125psi timing is dead on..which with a oem stator it would be dead on lol...then it should start
my guess is you spent 30 dollars on a stator and thats why it wont start...but what do i know im not there with you:eek::D

Reactions: Henry_20003
It may be working to give spark in the atmosphere but under pressure it may not work!
This ^^^ Crazy how that works. Same thing goes for brand new plugs. After kicking and it doesn't start, is the plug wet or dry. Bad reeds can cause a no/hard start issue.

I suggest taking carb apart and cleaning it, seting float (etc) and try again. Pulling float bowl and giving it a quick douche with a spray can doesn't count. Take the jets, air screw, emulsion tube out. Make sure air will blow through ALL passages.

Also make sure TORS is disabled. It can do all kinds of wonky stuff.

Might also be good time to do a leak test. :cool:

is it a stock blaster carb?
unless the carb was spanking new with no gas run through it,the pilot jet could still be clogged:)
got pics of your carb/quad/ whatever lol:)