Great Swapmeet Day

gravy

Apr 29, 2008
Enfield, CT
sorry for all the reading, i'mm just excited lol.

So yesterday was the Lake Compounce swapmeet. me and my dad go every year. we each get spots and sell our junk.

maybe a 1/2 hour after getting there and setting up our crap, pops goes to take a quick walk. 2 seconds later he calls me and says to hurry up and get 2 rows over cause theres a blaster for cheap. when i get over there, there's this blasty with no back wheels, and no motor. price tag say $300. the guy came over and said he'd take $250. he doesnt wanna load it back and take it home. Sold.

I get it back over to my spot, and take a better look at my new project.

It has a wider durablue axle, full frame skidplate, 2 stock swingarm skidplates DG Front Bumper, some aftrmkt grab-bar, clean unripped seat, mint plastic, Pro-Taper bars, all the controls (thumb throttle, levers, killswitch, etc), mint front rims, Titan Fast Trekker front tires, carb, all the cables and brake stuff, and a nice aftermarket silencer that im not sure what it is cause theres no sticker.

not bad for $250. the god damn thing is in nicer shape than the one i ride around on. My plan is to just yank the motor out of my other one, and stick it in this one.

i'm gonna call the dealer and have them check what year it is. i havnt a clue.

a couple hours later, me and dad are walkin around and we see tote with a motor thats been taken apart, with a sign that reads "Yamaha Blaster Motor Big Bore Kit make offer". the guy says he gave the center piece of the motor to his buddy who needed it. aside from that al it needs is a piston. its yours for 40 bucks. came with the head and everything. not too shabby. Pops has the center piece (sorry for the lack of terminology) so we're gonna put that motor together and stick it on my old blaster.

took advantage of a couple other deals here and there. and i made all my money back selling a bunch of my sh*t. overall i broke even and went home with a blaster, and a motor.

here are some pics of the blaster. sorry for the cellphone images lol.

11100811011.jpg

1110081101a1.jpg

not bad, not bad at all, you never know what you're going to find at a swapmeet, good job on your findings. I:I I:I

damn thats not bad. i would have bought it idf you didnt. doe you want to sell the big bore cylinder and head or swap for a stock one.

we're gonna put the motor all back together and put it in the 96. thanks guys. i'll post better pics tonight when i get home.

man thats sick. i need a axle unless i do my custom spacers for sure. now since i have no breaks coming, do you have a working rear mechanical you could sell me? since you have 2 of almost everything now?? really need just the caliper. mechanical, not hydro.

the swapmeets around here always have atv's and dirtbikes. last year my dad picked up a 99 that needed a jug for like $400. here's some better quality pics. only got a few.

i have tomorrow off, so tomorrow i'm gonna throw the other motor in, and clean the carb thats on it.

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

silencer.jpg

judging from the sticker shape my guess is fmf, but i wasnt sure if other brands had similer shaped stickers.

here's a picture of my other turd lol

Picture031-2.jpg