Good Cheap digital video camera...

skoobyj

Oct 17, 2008
In a Tree
www.youtube.com
What kind of camera do you use to shoot video?

I have a sony Mavica FD83, FD88 and FD200 there all good for pics but not good for video. I bought a DXG 3.0 MP camcorder but the video sucked so I just ordered a DXG 505v 5.1 MP but the reviews on it are bad for video. What camera should I buy that will shoot nice clear video and work in low light too?
:">

btw: I sold my 240 stroker tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a HP photosmart M447. it took all the pics i have i think there pretty good. it takes good action pics, but its a little slow so you have to kinda guess when the best time to press the shutter is lmao. but the vids are def good too.

I have a 5.0mp HP Photosmart E317.

It takes ok pics when the lighting it right. But the vids are horrible, I have to stand wayyy back from any loud object (i.e quads)or eles it wont pick up the sound, doesn’t work in the dark, and the res is bad. I wouldn't waste my money on any of the Photosmart series.

hey skooby that sucks you sold your quad. not sure what you paid for them but i dont have any of those probs with my cam.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9051045&type=product&id=1218012527719

got the wife this for her birthday 2 months ago and so far its pretty sweet. spend the extra cash and get the 8gig card for it and youll be good.

that cam looks too nice for me. About $100 too nice I only wanna spend $200 or so.
I only sold the stroker. I still have 2 more blastys, my stock blaster and my project blaster. Didn't wanna part with it but we Needed the space.

I have a 5.0mp HP Photosmart E317.

It takes ok pics when the lighting it right. But the vids are horrible, I have to stand wayyy back from any loud object (i.e quads)or eles it wont pick up the sound, doesn’t work in the dark, and the res is bad. I wouldn't waste my money on any of the Photosmart series.

i def dont have any of them probs with ine. and i didnt pay no 400 dollars fdor it either. go for a m447

I have a point and shoot 8.1Mp casio exilm ex-z80. Only paid 130 for it new at bestbuy. It is more then perfect for youtube, I can record like 2 hours of video with my memory. I read the consumer reports review its one of the best for under $200. Only example of quality
shot that in low quality mode too. Bought it specifically for the cheapest cam with the best features.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a point and shoot 8.1Mp casio exilm ex-z80. Only paid 130 for it new at bestbuy. It is more then perfect for youtube, I can record like 2 hours of video with my memory. I read the consumer reports review its one of the best for under $200. Only example of quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRM7fOq02NU shot that in low quality mode too. Bought it specifically for the cheapest cam with the best features.

just go for this one