going to get 2000 blaster powder coated help?

dodgebuzz

Oct 26, 2008
I started to take apart my atv to get it powder coated. Colors kubota orange John Deer green Case yellow and black looking at the orange. I work for FFC we build attachments and are closing for good by end of january 2009 so need to get it done now. anything I need to know when taking it apart?
KubotaLogo_Black_onorangebutton.jpg

dodgebuzz/Yamaha Blaster 2000 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

100_1864.jpg

Hell yea there is...I just redid my frame cause i sent it out to get a full engine rebuild. Do it slowly man! i understand u r in a rush but remember....I fast job will usually be a sloppy one. Right after you take each thing off label it....label what bolts are with it and label how it was connected on the quad. Label the electrical diagram especially cause its mad hard to comprehend the one in the manual. Good luck man! it took me bout 3 weeks to take it all off....paint it all and put it back together. Pm me or respond hea if u got a ny questions.

yea label eberthing specially the bolts, i took my scrambler apart l8tly and put all the bolts in 1 box and de box got moved around de garage alot an sum fell out an ya knw , but anyway i'm finding bolts now and thinkin sh*t wats dat 4rm an nt knowin were de hell it's from so label an save yourself all the hassle :)

take your time and dont rush! if you waiting for an inexpensive part, dont try and rig something up so you can ride. just wait, because that five dollar part could cost you big in the end. have a plan, and know what to do. label wires. i labeled mine with tape and then made a key to follow. take your time and dont rush, and never say, omg this is such a piece of sh*t, because once its done youll love it like you never did before!

you can just get a threader that is the same as the threads on the parts and clean them up easy that way. but, it would have been beter to tape that sort of stuff up first.

Wow no masking whatsoever??? You have alot of cleanup ahead of you.. It looks decent, but the lack of masking makes me wonder how good the prep work was... Good luck with it.

Maybe they were a good Powder coater but, he dindt specify to tape stuff like that up. idk. i ma gonna make sure that who ever PC's my larger stuff tapes up the threads and all

Or better yet... Tape it off yourself (if you have access to high temp masking tape) Cough ... your brother.... cough

But yeah I suppose if someone brought me a part to PC that i didnt know what it was... I would not know what to mask either.

looks good except the PC over the threads. did they really PC right over the ball joints in the a-arms? so i guess they can stand the heat. well maybe i should ask how they are holding up.

im gonna get some high temp tape when i get my sand blaster.

hey tim, so i guess you can PC the a-arms even though the ball joints dont come out.

If not tomorrow I will do them this weekend.. I picked up some more work, and I may need to get some sleep.

Sorry to hijack the thread.