gearing

daniel3877

Sep 17, 2007
upstate new york
hey everyone, i need a little advice pls,
i have already done most of the biggest things to get my bike where i want it and now im down to the gearing.
I hear allot of people on here have 14/40 gearing, i have stock on there right now and i have a sh*t load of low end power, i would like to maybe get a little more top end out of it if possible.
for an all around improvment what gearing would you all reccomend for me?
also will i need a new chain ?
thanx all

well if you want more top end power go with a 12/38

and the best all around for that stuff would be a 13/39

but i dont know much about this stuff so. if this is bad tell me plz.

hey everyone, i need a little advice pls,
i have already done most of the biggest things to get my bike where i want it and now im down to the gearing.
I hear allot of people on here have 14/40 gearing, i have stock on there right now and i have a sh*t load of low end power, i would like to maybe get a little more top end out of it if possible.
for an all around improvment what gearing would you all reccomend for me?
also will i need a new chain ?
thanx all

I have 14/40 on mine, and i can't tell that i have lost anything on take off. it still screams off the line.
but i can tell a slight difference in mid range and top end.
i am going to buy a 15 tooth front sprocket and try it out just to see how big the difference is.

i wouldn't much higher than 15 tooth front though. mainly because anything larger can make the chain drag against the case wearing a hole in it.

but i think if you want a truly significant difference you'll need to go two teeth larger than stock. or two teeth smaaler on the rear.