Gear problem help!!

blasterbuddy200

Dec 25, 2010
St. Michael, Minnesota
practicing some holeshots on my blaster and i was in first just for a short one and popd the clutch and she just grinded the gears, quickly pulled it in and let out slowly and it went, also before that doing some wheelies i could hear the gears slipping a little making a clunk noise when im off the throttle then slam er... could it be bad bearings?? i have no clue when it comes to this so i need some help! :-/

Could be alot of things...start by pulling the clutch cover off and look for anything obvious especially the clutch. Hopefully u find something there and dont have to split the cases.

P.S. 2nd gear for holeshots ftw

yea i was doing 2nd gear ones, but i shut it off for a break then threw it into 1st and launched off and all it did was grind, ill look at the clutch this weekend and see if anythings happening

Chances are if you heard crunching noises, the transmission has something wrong with it now.

Unfortunately, that means the cases have to be split. Fortunately, transmissions don't tear up easily and thus are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

If you don't find anything under the clutch cover, go ahead and pull the bottom end out. It's coming apart one way or another.

I've got an 89 Blaster, and I was shifting the gears by hand, and could only get it in 2 gears. What could be my problem?

Were you turning the input shaft while you were trying to shift?

The blaster has a square drive dog transmission without synchronizers so it has to be moving to shift well.