Gear oil leak

Trailblaster25

Aug 23, 2024
So the 97 i have is leaking gear oil but i cant tell from where its fetting on the back of the skid plate then down to the floor where are all the posisble places it could be leaking from? Can i re yamabond the leak from outside if its in the case split? Thanks in advance

Shift shaft seal, clutch cover. Check your drain plug and assure it has a copper crush washer as well. Those would be my guesses. If it is from the case split, you will want to split cases to re seal; if you do otherwise, it’s most likely not going to solve your issue

Shift shaft seal, clutch cover. Check your drain plug and assure it has a copper crush washer as well. Those would be my guesses. If it is from the case split, you will want to split cases to re seal; if you do otherwise, it’s most likely not going to solve your issue
thanks for your reply i appreciate it
Of course

I would also make certain it is your case halves leaking before splitting. Lol. That would be a big let down to go through all that just to have it leak still

Of course

I would also make certain it is your case halves leaking before splitting. Lol. That would be a big let down to go through all that just to have it leak still
Will do it runs like a top but im planning to remove the skid plate and clean it up real good and try to check where its coming from

Will do it runs like a top but im planning to remove the skid plate and clean it up real good and try to check where its coming from
Good idea. When I had a leak, I stood my quad up on the rear grab bar and just cleaned everything as good as I could with brake cleaner. Then after getting it cleaned off good, I let it just sit there overnight. Next day, discovered my cases were clearly leaking at the split. Long story short, I am in the process of rebuilding my engine. Lol. Good luck to you!