Fuel not getting to carb

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
It's a brand new petcock and fuel line. Gas won't come in line when hooked to carb. But when fuel line is off carb gas comes out. Vacuum leak? Clog in carb?

Ok so this is what's happening. I was trying one day to get the fuel line off and it pulled the nipple out of the carb. So when I put it back in I put yamabond around it to seal it. I just took the yamabond off and it let the fuel into the carb. Does that mean I'm sucking air in around that nipple? Will that cause a lean mixture of air/fuel?

It seems like the sealant was stopping the flow.

You will not suffer an air leak at that point, but fuel may leak to the outside of the carby body.

Crack open the bowl drain screw to see if you have a constant flow from the drain.

It seems like the sealant was stopping the flow.

You will not suffer an air leak at that point, but fuel may leak to the outside of the carby body.

Crack open the bowl drain screw to see if you have a constant flow from the drain.
Yea I didn't think it would hurt it. I have a constant flow and it's not leaking on the carb. It must of stopped the vacuum by sealing that.

Yup, and just like a tinny piece of crud can keep it stuck open/closed or clog your jets etc.. If you havnt already ,, pop your float bowl off and make sure nothing got into your carb.. Chances are it would have gotten stuck between the needle and seat and hindered the fuel flow again. Worth a look though only takes a few min...