Fuel And Oil Question

YοµиgJaY

Mar 29, 2012
whats the best mix for a 1988 Yamaha 2stroke im sure there all the same inless u done alot of things but i was told when i bought it to mix 8oz to a gal of gas but it smokes quite alot then the Yamaha dealer told me 4oz to the gal can any one help me i would be very thankful thanks.

You should be mixing at a ratio of 32 parts gas to 1 part oil. That means 4 oz of oil for every gallon of gas. A blaster holds just about two gallons so mix in 8 oz of oil with 2 gallons of gas. What oil are you using?

the guy gave me some off brand 2stoke stuff but i went and bought some specter 2stoke that the dealer told me to run

also the guy u bought it from said to run permium gas with it is that a must or what? just asking wile im here. lol

alrighty, just make sure you don't run crappy oil for weedwackers or something in it.

If there is no oil tank mounted on the left side when you are looking from the rear, you should pre-mix. The tank should be right near the grab bar on the left. Most people take these off and delete the whole injection system and pre-mix because if the injections system fails, your top end will destroy itself.

alrighty, just make sure you don't run crappy oil for weedwackers or something in it.

If there is no oil tank mounted on the left side when you are looking from the rear, you should pre-mix. The tank should be right near the grab bar on the left. Most people take these off and delete the whole injection system and pre-mix because if the injections system fails, your top end will destroy itself.

kk thanks
also the guy u bought it from said to run permium gas with it is that a must or what? just asking wile im here. lol

Did you spell the oil right was it Specter or Spectrum.

Products

Is this the stuff, cos I would not run it in an air cooled motorcycle motor.

Klotz, Amsoil, Maxima 927 and many others but it has to be designed for an air cooled motorcycle motor.

Premium gas is good.

yeh it was one of them 2 srry cant remember atm out in my truck but will that hurt it for the time being till i get some other stuff?

certainly not great for the engine but I don't think it will damage it. Replace whatever is in there with some good stuff as mentioned before and pre-mix it. I personally use yamalube because it is yamaha specific, but others will work as stated above.

alright i plan on changing the oil thats in the engine and ill start useing others as i pre mix whats the best to run 10w-40? sorry i seem kinda noobish to this but all ive ever done is 4stokes an never had to deal with this kinda stuff.

Plain old 10w 30 engine oil, with no friction modifiers or Auto trans type F.

If you are changing to type F, flush out a couple of times.

lmao wile u guys are on xDDD i need a brake cable for my 88 blaster but the dealer dont show no part for the foot brake any ideas? wile i got u guys.

yeh i have the cable going to the handle bars but i need to check and see if pads are blown or somthing but he said the cable needed to be changed out so my new project for a few im used to 3wheelers first 4wheeler ive gotten so all new lol thanks yamaha i reped u for a few posts so :D