FMF Jettings help -Blaster doesn´t run with 3/4 or full throttle

germanblaster

Feb 10, 2011
germany
Hi,
i have a problem with my 03 blaster.
I bought an fmf powercore exhaust and installed it on my blaster.
My Carb is stock, airbox lid is not removed and my blaster has an K&n airfilter.
I ordered jets in the range of 240 to 310.
First i tested a 290 jet.
The blaster has accelerated nearly well but i think the gas was a bit to rich because when the throttle was 4/4 the engine revs higher and than at i think 5000-6000rpm the enginge was running to rich cause it makes a similiar noise when you are driving with the chocke. But after this little range of to rich gas the blaster revs perfectly to its highest possible rpm.
Then i put a 280 270 260 and 300 jet into the carb and now the blaster doesnt rev up over i think 3000-4000 rpm ..
<yesterday i tried to put the needle clip one position higher but no there was no sucsess -.-
Is it possible that i damaged something while jetting and this causes the " rev limit"?
Sorry for my bad english :D

right now, in this cooler weather(40/50's f) we are running a 300 main with the airbox lid off and a uni filter on my buddies bone stock blasty with fmf gold pipe/silencer and it rips
needle was left in the middle clip position and stock 32.5 pilot

change the plug, might have fouled when too rich ?
check the reeds,
try removing the airbox lid with those few larger jets ...290/300

and do plug chops to confirm jetting, it will tell you what it wants.............

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/