flywheel holder tool

YFS101

Feb 9, 2011
Fort Erie Ontario
To make this handy little tool you will need
A piece of 3/4" or 1" wide flat bar steel at least 30"- 36" long. (The longer the better)
Four 1/4" bolts at least 1" long
Six 1/4" nuts
1/4" drill bit and a drill

#1 cut two pieces of the flat bar 15" long (you can make it shorter if you want but it makes it a lot harder to hold)
#2 cut another piece 6" long
#3 drill a hole 1/2" from each end of each piece of flat bar
#4 drill a hole 6" from then end in each of the two 15" long pieces

Now bolt it altogether like in the pic. Use two of the nuts as spacers between the 15" pieces. This will allow the flywheel holder to be adjustable for any size of flywheel.
To use it just stick the two long bolts into the holes on the flywheel to hold it from turning while you loosen and tighten the nut, this will work on many different flywheels, not just the blaster

When it's done it should look something like this (keep in mind I welded mine together instead of using nuts)

flywheelholder1.jpg

fh.jpg

cool DIYS here, the clutch holder i did was a multi purpose thing and i put some bolts through the handles to serve the purpose as a flywheel holder too! same concept here.

Good write up.I made one out out of a piece of flat stock and just drilled 2 holes and used nuts and bolts.Still works great.I have the clutch holding tool now but I still prefer my homemade one.