first time trail riding!!!

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
Went to dyracuse mound atv/mx park today, 320 acres of trails and two mx trcks!!!

it rocked except im beat!! i took the wifes blaster, which for some reson wouldnt run with the tors dicsonnected so i had to reconnect it, hers stops like sh*t, hanldes like sh*t, the trails are mainly a mix of sand and dirt, id say 80% sand.... well... i almost clipped a tree cuz the fitting where the brake line goes into the lever popped out and came into a sandy corner at about 50.. i down shifted as fast as i could to get it slowed down... stopped with the front left just touching the tree!!!!!
my knees hurt my back hurts my wristes hurt, that thing handles horrible.. like worse than a blaster should!! my old one atlest cornerd and hanbdles good threw bumps, and since the trailes were rutted and whoopy, i took a beat!!!! but i gave the blaster a beating like no other!!! beat it to the point that i rattles 3 of the skid plate bolts loose and was dragging the plate,

... i gotta look into why it handles so bad, i think it might be ball joints, if thats the case ill have to put the arms from my roller onto it..
kinda funny my buddy and i were the only two guys with 2 stroke quads ( not counting the lil kid quads).. his trx 250r is a beast!! lrd 350 cc power valve motor 60-65 hp!!! in the sandy loose dirt on holeshits 4-5th gear wheeles with him up on the tank trying to keep it down!!

i took one lap around the big mx track, and almost ate sh*t bad!! go up hill threw a fast 40-50 mph whoop section, than a hard left to a 2-3 gear whoop section down hill i almost went over the bars twice!!!!!
didnt do to bad on the smaller mx track.. nice bermd corners i came out of the corners just as fast as the dirt bikes were!!! :eek:

great day!! only complaints.. trails were super super dusty so ill be coughin up dust all night, and second complaint.. i need a quad more suited to my size and better suspension!

yeah nothin beats a good set of trails. I went trail riding yesterday and I gotta get my blaster wider. I was going downhill and the thing flipped up from the back right and sent me and the quad to the left and tipped over on top of me. My left ribcage and shoulder are hurting pretty bad today. The other quads in front of me made it ok but they were both yfz 450's so they are super wide.

I might look into getting the diamond j kit until I can afford some proper arms cause this tipping action isnt cool.

anyways when riding sand trails noting is funner than a 2 stroke. Its like which came first the sand trail or 2 stroke quad? haha

yeah.. iput the front brakes and the rear tires and hubs from the roller onto the wifes blaster, i think i would have hated having the 18 inch turf tamers on so im glad i put the kenda's on...
it is nice having the 2 strokepower though in the sandy stuff.. the bik 450 4 strokers were just kicking up dust bouncing off the rev box not going no where... i would catch them coming out of corners but long straights they were gone.. i have some pics to put up but im having problems with my fkn camera

well here are the pics. nothing great so i found it pointless to start apics thread, since we were to buisy riding to take more pics!!

welcome to dyracuse motorcycle park
041109_104300.jpg

random ski jump.. used year round, fenced off from the trails, the road to get to it runs threw the atv trails though,
041109_160200.jpg

random guy going threw mudd hole
041109_151400.jpg

friend of my buddy i went with stuck in da soup!
041109_150701.jpg
041109_150700.jpg

friend of my buddy.. bad ass 450r race quad ( and he actually races competitivly) thing is sick fast!!! will throttle wheelie in any gear!
041109_151200.jpg

and the wifes blaster.. all dustys and abused!!!!
041109_151100.jpg

that was about the only spot to stop anywhere on the trails/tracks to take a breather....

cound tget any good pics from the mx tracks cuz they turned out bluury..

BTW i rode that poor blaster so hard!! i thought for sure i was gonna blow it up!! i beat it and beat it and beat it, sideways jumps, sand, dirt, few laps on the mx track... almost clipped a few trees! brake cable popped off once and i took out asand berm, i spend almost all day at wide open throttle, and she took it and liked it!! i dont know what got rode harder me or the blaster, my back hurts, my arms hurt.. i got like mild arm pump, my ankle hurts, both knees and both wristes and my left hand.. i think i rode it to hard?

I know what you mean. There's some days I ride so hard I wonder how the thing isn't destroyed. Those are also the days when I don't know how I'm not destroyed too haha.

cody.. i tryed to get a hold of you but the forum was down.. im thinkin maybe next weekend now that we have two quads to ride again..

and the only thing i was eating was dust.. it was super dry, but i guess thats better than muddy,