Find me a 240 big bore kit!!! REWARD!!! Look inside

Boxer_Rumble

Mar 30, 2009
WV
I will paypal 10 bucks to anybody who can locate a vitos 240 complete big bore kit (cyl, head, piston, jets, ect) that is ACTUALLY IN STOCK. I tried all the ebay sellers and big name places and they are all out of stock. Local shops that will ship? Do you have one laying around? Let me know! Thanks

contact woodwardspecialties. hes got one i think. also kennedy_power can bore your stock jug to a 240 with porting for under $500.00 you would also need a new carb cause the stock one WILL not cut it for a BB blaster.

Alright, You asked for it!!!
What are the recommendations for the following when used in conjunction with the 240 kit?
Carb
pipe
jets
filter
cdi box
spark plug heat range

Thanks in advance!!!!

ok here is your anwsers.

Carb-35mm Air Stryker is a great card for the 240 motors. alot of people fun them. some are running the PJ, and some are running carbs as large as 36mm

Pipe- that is up to you. there are alot of good pipes out there. i have a shearer. there are other pipes out there that a good for 240 motors. LRD, Dyno Port, F7, Power Pros ect. Just stay away from pipes that are ment for stock motors ie: DG, FMF, Toomey. They make good pipes, but for a stock to very mild bolt ons. Also it is very important to pick a pipe before any porting of the cylinder and any head re-chambering is done. the pipe needs to match the port work. same applies if you want a + stroker crank. ports and head must match for it.

Jetting- you dont really need a "jet kit" thats a way that vitos and a few other companys make a few extra bucks. although you prolly wont just pick one jet size and have it be perfect whoever does the 240 for you can help you with that.

Filter- this is a good question. what do you ride? if its flat track, drag, or sand, you would be ok with a clamp on K&N and outterwears pre filter. How ever if you ride in any wet or muddy conditions a air box is recomended. a stock air box with the lid removed is ok, but a better choise would be a high performance air box like a F7 or a CFM with your choise of UNI of K&N air filters.

CDI box-stock works fine, however you can get a little more power with something aftermarket. Nology, hot wires ect.

spark plug heat range-just go with the good ol NGK- B8ES. works great. why change it

one thing you didnt ask about is porting and head mods.

this can be done by any of our three motor builders on the forum. talk to them all, see who you like best. itis the best bang for your buck, and will really make your 240 kit rip.

Wow!!! Awesome post! I will def check out the porting stuff!! I really want to get thing back together and ride it but I dont want to build it twice so I might as well take my time and do it all right the first time. Thanks a million for your info!!!

i run a lrd, i have a 240 on the way and i will let you know how it runs with my 34mm carb, and other mods, djack pretty much killed the thread, lol,but there is another place, go to f7, they have the sersal firebreather, which is pricey but sick as hell, up to ya

vitos is backordered with 240 kits, wtf?