Finally got account confirmed. 2004 and other Blasters

YamahaNutz

May 27, 2023
I tried to get my new account started a year ago, or so. I could not get it confirmed. I just randomly tried tonight, and it went through.

I bought a bunch of Yamaha quads really cheap over the shutdown. Plan was to fix what I could, and part-out the rest. Being busy with work, and life, halted this. I do have over 20 quads for parts now. A large YFZ 450 carb model parts buy has proven very fruitful.

I have a 2004 Blaster CR85 hybrid, and a couple older ones. None of them are ridable yet. The hybrid is the closest to being complete. I have
'07 Raptor 350 to ride in general for myself. I'm newer to building 2-stroke motors. Had a few over the years and did general repairs to others.

My plan is to finish the hybrid and build a stock one up and compare them. I already have a couple with issues that don't run. I want to make one good one between them. I have access to a dyno to see actual results. I think it would be cool to see how a stock one compares to the CR hybrid, and then do a build on one to see if it goes way over the hybrid. I do feel the CR85 will probably outperform the stock motor because of the weight difference and how fast it builds power. I would like to see the built Blaster motor win. I have enough parts to build a Blaster with hydraulic brakes and be comparable to the 2004 hybrid.

I'm not biased towards any of the Japanese based manufactures. I prefer all of them over any built anywhere else.

Current status on the '04 hybrid is the wait on machining of the custom sprocket for the output shaft. Its been over a year but I tore the CR85 motor apart, inspected and fixed all problems, and await the lathe and cnc cut gears that need tig welded. I can't pressure my friend with the machine shop, as he has too many high paying projects. But I should be able to get it cut and welded here soon. I did have to fix motor mounts and cut-and-turn the CR's expansion chamber to fit. A kid built it to run the 85cc class for racing. I'm going to make it better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_234434_Facebook2.JPG
    Screenshot_20230621_234434_Facebook2.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 2