F7 help

dbowhntr

May 5, 2011
southern mi
I just purchased a new f7 pipe today. Has anyone installed a spark arrestor in the silencer? According to Kirk at PB they do not make one. He said to install some screen in the silencer and that would work. Just wondering how you guys have dealt this. Thanks

I have a power pros, never had the silencer apart yet, I know they look the same so maybe try powerpros.com? sorry can't be much help

Im not an expert buy any means & I'm sure PB is a lot more knowledgeable then me, but wouldn't the screen sorta block/obstruct the exhaust flow coming out resulting in a decrease of performance? Just my opinion... I could be 100% wrong

the F7's among other A/M pipes, do not cone with a forestry approved spark arresters, as they are made for a track

i have heard of guys using 1/4" square hole chicken fence, and shoving a small, cup shaped piece into the silencer, that size holes will not obstruct anything, and if a forestry ranger decides to poke a stick in there to see if it's spark arrested, he'll hit the chicken wire and think it is
as thats the only test i have ever heard of them using, poke a wire/stick in there.
but with that pipe you may also be over the decibel levels some places enforce