extended swing arm help and frame paint

BlasterCaleb

Mar 14, 2013
Missouri
My 2001 blaster is currently in pieces in the motorcycle class at my tech school. They are trying to resolve my shifting issue and wile its apart I figured id paint my frame and do some custom work to make my bike awesome.

What will I need after I extend my swingarm 4" in my welding class. My bike is all stock besides tires. What shock do I need to buy and will I have to relocate my shock mount? I do alot of trail riding so the higher off the ground I am the better.

Also what do you guys think of back bedliner on the frame? It seems like the best cheapest way to clean up the bike and make it last. And is there anything I should replace inside my motor wile its all apart or should I just let them fix the shifting problem and put it back together? Im talking about like bearings, seals, ect..

Thanks

Oh and will raptor 660 wheels fit my bike? I found a cheap set of them.

My instructor welds aircraft parts... im pretty sure a little swingarm wouldn't be a big deal for him actually I know because we already planned it..

Ride stock extended swinger at your own risk. You were warned.

As for the raptor rims/wheels. They will work, BUT you need banshee or raptor hubs to run them, the bolt pattern doesnt match.
Also, do NOT attempt to drill new holes for blaster hubs.